2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

03 Intrepid, Flickering problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 11:33 PM
babs4ever25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 03 Intrepid, Flickering problem

I have a 03 Intrepid 2.7 and the lights flicker, all of them. Some days it's better than others, on the really bad days the radio snaps and shuts off, it will click and flicker on and off until the low battery light comes on. I pull over shut the car off, start it, and the light goes off. Lights flicker with car off and key turned, the interior light flickers if the door is open and no key in at all.
I changed the alternator, it has a new battery, all the connections I can find under the hood and under the car have been checked and nothing is loose or corroding. I have had the drivers door panel off and checked connections inside drivers door because someone tried to break into my car, causing window issues. So I checked them. I have pulled the fuses for windows, door locks, and abs sensors (abs and ebrake light on dash will turn on and off while driving) When I lock the car most of the time the door lock beep does not work, but I am assuming this is related to the flickering causing the battery to not get enough of a charge. The car starts every time and it has been going on for about 6 months now, I'm at my wits end. Any help would be great.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:14 AM
ladylaura
Amateur
Default Freaking Flickering lights

Hi
Don't have the answer I feel your anxiety. I wanted to join you in hope that someone will reply with help.
I have the same problem. I wondered if there was glitch in my neighborhood in regards to electrical that might of set off the lights in my car. Hope we get a reply.
I have the same car

Old 05-11-2015, 07:44 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker

I no longer have the means to help 100% (I lost my service manuals and schematics to a house fire) but I can point you in a direction...every thing you mentioned points to the BCM (body control module). It is the computer that controls the lights, indicators, alarm, gauges, etc.

Hope this helps you find a direction to pursue.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:29 AM
ladylaura
Amateur

I also have the flickering but not as bad, though it's very aggravating. If anyone has looked into the last suggestion how much did that set u back?

Quick Reply: 03 Intrepid, Flickering problem