2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Just got a 99 Intrepid 2.7 .... Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:39 AM
penir0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 99 Intrepid 2.7 .... Intake question

Hey guys i just bought a 1999 intrepid and was wondering if you could help me out... I am looking performance mods, i wanted to start off with a intake system. i dont want to go all out but i want some thing good quality and reasonable in price. However there were a few issues in mind. a friend of mine bought an intake and told me about hydrolocking your engine if i bought a cold air intake. since i live in new york i get alot of rain and the rain will leak into the intake and cause my engine to hydro lock. my friend had an altima so he got a "Berk V2" WAI - warm air intake or what he calls a short ram intake, these are great for the rain im told. so i was wondering if there was an intake like this offered for my 99 dode intrepid. this is the link to the intake my friend bought maybe you guys know of a similar one but for intrepids http://www.berktechnology.com/intakes.html

Old 07-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Battousaix27
Default RE: Just got a 99 Intrepid 2.7 .... Intake question

congrats.. maybe you'll foind somehting nice on www.andysautosport.com

; ) hope it helps see yaa round..

Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 PM
jrzy2ner

Ok Hydro locking is not going to happen that easily. No need to worry about that i had a civic for 3 years with an aem cold air intake that whent all the way down to the bottom passenger corner of the front bumper. I left it on during winter, spring, summer, and fall and had no problems, In my auto knowledge at the shop i have seen one car that was hydrolocked. Was an older model dodge avenger some lady took water and put it in here crankcase thinking it was her radiator resevoir. all you need to do is to get the filter bag for your CAI they cost tops 20$ and if your so paranoid about hydrolocking no need to worry. its water resistant but good luck bud i had a sight that carried CAI for a 2.7 and the 3.5 sorry folks no 3.2 i tried for my trep till the accident but couldnt find a damn thing[:@]

Oh and ps i have the same weather as you if your wondering i live in the wonderful NJ

Old 07-14-2006, 02:13 AM
penir0

Thanks alot guys you guys have been a great help what do you guys think of this one

http://www.andysautosport.com/produc..._r?_v=vmd00110

is it good? i havent heard of weapon R for intakes so dont know much about it.

and jrzy2ner what did you mean by filter bag ? and were could i purchase one of these for the intake?

thanks again for the help guys

Quick Reply: Just got a 99 Intrepid 2.7 .... Intake question