2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

new member would love some imput

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:12 AM
txlegacypits
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member would love some imput

i joined to get good advice on cars well really my car. i been seeing alot bout my car and was just wondering if i sould start saving up for a new engine now or just trade it in right now. i have a 2000 intrepid with a 2.7l engine and i keep reading bout it blowing up. what sould i do should i trade it in or what can i do to keep it from blowing. its been runing pretty good for me so far im up 89,000 miles on it and the only problem ive had was i had to replace the rack and pinion
thanks, paco

Old 09-13-2006, 02:51 AM
tspretiree
Default RE: new member would love some imput

I worked for a Chrysler plant (retired in 2004) we had guys at work who had over 200,000 mls on Intrepids and other cars such as the Stratus with high milage with the 2.7 lt engine , so dont worry run it into the ground then buy another one.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:57 AM
jamalb14
Default RE: new member would love some imput

Like the other guy said these engines will get high milleage if you take care of them however just keep a close eye on the oil and i did alot of reading and people have had success with Mobile Clean 5000 engine oil so ive switch and so far ive had nothing but good and mine has close to 123,000 miles still running strong. Also Start checking the oil level more often because mine started buring oil i got it to stop just with STP engine oil consumption stop. otherwise good cars if you take care of them

Quick Reply: new member would love some imput