2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

2000 Dodge Intrepid Wont Start! 2.7 Liter/Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 PM
kman214
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Intrepid Wont Start! 2.7 Liter/Help!

After leaving to make a quick run to the store the battery light came on and stayed on. Got to the store and turned car off. Came out and car started no problem and the battery light was not on so everything looked ok. Well once back on road the battery light came back on and stayed on. Got home and turned the car off. Well the car has not started since. Checked battery, changed spark plugs/has spark and still won't start.

Any idea's on what else I can try? Has anyone see this type of problem?

How do you obtain the codes that everyone references?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:24 AM
opaedas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Dodge Intrepid Wont Start! 2.7 Liter/Help!

I just had the same battery issue with mine. All I had to do was replace the battery. However, if the battery isn't your issue, use a voltage checker to see if the alternator is getting enough voltage. I think you turn your meter to the 20amp setting. As long as the reading is between 13.2 and 15, you're good. If not, then it may be an alternator problem. You can get the codes by buying a reader from your local auto supply store. They are about $40-$60 for an average one, and this will allow you to pull off the priliminary codes that the computer throws out. You can also clear the code off the car's comp. after fixing the problem so that your indicator lights don't stay on. Hope this helps!

Mallorie

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Intrepid Wont Start! 2.7 Liter/Help!