2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

2000 intrepid stopped running

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:43 AM
cars4dummies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 intrepid stopped running

I bought a used 2000 intrepid in July of 2006 and now it has stopped working. I got ready to start my car 3 months ago and when I did I notice that there was a delay when it turned over so I turned it off and restarted the car. When I did it tried to turn over but didn't instead all my doors locked and the trunk popped open and it hasn't startedsince. I had the starter replaced and was told that it may be a kill switch on my car that locked up. So imagine my surprise to learn my car has an alarm on it since I was not given the keyless remote from the dealership when I bought it. Need to know what do I do now. Hate to be paying for a car each month that I'm not driving.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:30 PM
jackman
Default RE: 2000 intrepid stopped running

Try disconecting the battery for a few min. If that won't reset it call a dealership. I was always to belive that it would rest by putting the key in the door and unlooking the doors. just a guess. On another note I hope you do not have a 2.7 in that thing. I got a yr 2000 that has gone thru two of them. problems with oil sludge.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:28 AM
hexbolt
Default RE: 2000 intrepid stopped running

You need to find out who the mfg is. Then call the company and get a service tech. Or, call a local supplier of the alarm(i.e Circuit City) and ask a servcie tech how to re-set the alarm. Sometime, you just turn the ignition key three times. Do not turn to start, just turn to the acc position. Usually there is a small switch located under the dash abovethe foot pedels. This will also deactivate the alarm.

Quick Reply: 2000 intrepid stopped running