2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

need advice on warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:47 PM
gm830
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on warranty

last month i got an offer on an extended warranty for my neon. it's a 2000 es, i bought it used in 2005 and it only had about 40k miles then. it'snow at about 59k. it's because the mileage is so low compared to the national average for a 7yr old car that i was able to still get the warranty offer (at least that's what they say). it's a 5yr/60k mile warranty for about $2300, that i pay $100 a month. the main reason i got it was because i recently moved from ca (where fam is) to tx and now i'm on my own and there's no mommy and daddy to borrow a car from if something goes wrong. But i'm not really experienced with cars so i'd like to know what everyone else's opinion is on the warranty. i only use it for driving to and from work (which is 1mi away) and places around town, and i get the oil changed every 3 months, but i'm not too trusting of american cars usually so i don't know if it's worth paying $100 a month just in case my car ever has some weird problem (which will then cost just $100 to have fixed under my warranty), or if i should just keep that $100 a month because my car should be fine as long as i treat it right and do the proper maintenance. if this was a honda i wouldn't be concerned lol. so, please give me your thoughts because this is an expense i'd be much happier without because i'm just a poor teller lol...but i also don't want to cancel it just to have a car that malfunctions in the next few months. so anyone experienced with dodges or someone who also has a neon around my mileage or higher please lend me some advice. thanks. oh and the warranty also had rental car benfits for when my car is in the shop, that was the other plus

Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 PM
l_pillon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need advice on warranty

what does the warranty cover??? i know the sunroofs like to stop workin....i have a 2000 lx and it stopped workin and chrysler only paid half...it was real expensive...other than that i havent had a problem with mine......service the hell out of ur car if its covered....do whatever u can get out of them and then its worth it...

Quick Reply: need advice on warranty