2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

map clamp AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default map clamp AGAIN

ok, i have a question about the map clamps,do i HAVE to have them to make the car run properly? i am going to get the car tuned saterday, but just wondered if i could get the car tuned and tuned well with out one on the car, i have the wiring diagram so it will not take me long to wire it in, but i do not want to waste the time of installing it if it is something not a MUST to have?????????????

thanks

Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 AM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: map clamp AGAIN

Lets put it this way...

Your stock MAP clamp reads 0-5v. 5v being stoich (atmospheric pressure) or 0 on your boost guage. So as you run up the gear and start to build boost the volts on the MAP are moving up. As your boost gauge come out of vacuum and hits 0, the ECU is gonna see 5v... you will then hit spark cut and fall into limp mode.

A N/A programmed computer is not programmed to see positive pressure, or provide fuel for positive pressure. I'd suggest installing your MAP Clamp. You want to clamp it at around 4.6v, your ECU should not see more than that.

Unfortunatley we don't drive Honda's... Most honda MAP clamps and computers can provide and read up to 11psi.

k3v

Old 04-08-2007, 01:48 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: map clamp AGAIN

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03
Unfortunatley we don't drive Honda's...
You say that like it's a BAD thing [:'(]

Quick Reply: map clamp AGAIN