2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Little Project Update...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Little Project Update...

How can u tell if your car is running too rich or when it's starving for gas? I have a AFX race PCM and Accel 19lb fuel injectors etc. so mine should be pretty rich. The reason I'm asking is b/c my car takes a bit longer to start than It should. As u know, I just had a cam job and the stuff in my signature installed on my car.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

When your running really rich the cat usually glows red hot and the engine doesnt run "smoothly" (kind of hard to explain the noise difference)...whenI first started my car up it had the really loud V8 "burble"......"BLUM BLUM BLUM BLUM BLUM BLUM BLUM" kind of sound . But then it started revving up to 4k+ by itself so I had to shut her down...

See with NGC it FREAKS OUT when you install a new cam and the computer is "confused" because everything is different, so it dumps tons of fuel into the mixture since it doesnt know what else to do...since its better to run rich then lean. After a while though the mixture will even out back to stoich because the PCM "gets aquainted" with having the changed variables that the cam produces. With an AFx I dont know how it reacts to the change a cam produces...if anything though you would be running rich, not lean...

Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Well, the car runs perfectly, except I'm having an idle problem and I'm throwing P0344 which has to do with the signal coming from my cam positioning sensor...I havent really taken it out to see how I like the new cam, but the engine and exhaust is slightly louder (in a good way, sounds meaner IMO). I've already changed the oil and i'm in the process of flushing the coolant system...then I have to check my intake system for a vacuum leak, becuase I'm pretty sure thats where my idle issue is.

Once I get the idle problem fixed, I'll take her out and report back in.

Quick Reply: Little Project Update...