2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

so...i went looking for another car yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:20 AM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so...i went looking for another car yesterday...

yep...neons gettin old...bought her new with 1 mile on her...so i figure...i trade her in...and get something a little used but with alot less miles...had my eye on this 2001 grand prix gtp...60,000 miles...heated leather seats...heads up display...v6 supercharged...nice...so since i told the lady my credit wasnt all that great...she wanted to get me into a chrysler sebring stratus...and this was an adventure let me tell you...theyd give me 1000 for my car....i can deal with that...100k with some much needed tlc for the body work...interior could use a good cleaning....with front seats swapped and the carpet...so...im not complaining here...test drove the sebring...was an 04...33k miles...eh it was ok...i mean nothing to brag about...interior was bigger then the neon...but somehow...it wasnt as comfortable...the paint was all scratched up...mechanically it wasnt great...but at the time...i thought it was better then my girl that was sittin on the parking lot...getting appraised...so next they put me in a 06 stratus sxt with 22k miles(both of these cars are four door)...this car takes it...man this car with its 2.4 is slower then ****...my neon would blow it away....transmission slippin' like hell...just definitely wasnt it...so i basically blow the dealer off...trying hard to get me in that car...i get in my neon and go home...MANN my neon had better control and handled way better then both of them cars put together...engine drove like she felt alot newer then those cars....reason for all this is that....myneon is now the baby car...my fiancee drives...cant have a car breakin down with wifey and baby you know?...now im really convinced...unless you buy a ford...lol...if you buy something NEW...and take care of it....it will take care of you...WAY past the warranty and after its paid off...

just something i think you guys can relate too...

Quick Reply: so...i went looking for another car yesterday...