2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

problem reving my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
mikesxt
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problem reving my car

u guys dont gotta be ******** it was just a question and me and my friend were just screwin around

Old 04-24-2007, 06:20 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

mike id like to apoligise for everyone here. they all took their dick pills today i guess. it was a simple question. heres your answer: stock pcm cannot be changed, but with megasquirt you can change it. it will cost somewhere around 500, theres a sticky on it if you are interested. sorry again for them

btw. ive done the same thing as you, nothing wrong with it. half these kids here are ricers anyway that don't know crap about cars.

-mike

Old 04-24-2007, 06:23 PM
mikesxt
Rookie

lol thanks i respect them apology and i am by no means a ricer im a kid im 16 and i screw around with my friends, but i have a stock car right now because im saving up to get the top of the line parts for everything even if it takes a while im aiming for the srt-4 exhaust first rather that some 100 dollar coffe can i could already have

Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

mike id like to apoligise for everyone here. they all took their dick pills today i guess. it was a simple question. heres your answer: stock pcm cannot be changed, but with megasquirt you can change it. it will cost somewhere around 500, theres a sticky on it if you are interested. sorry again for them

btw. ive done the same thing as you, nothing wrong with it. half these kids here are ricers anyway that don't know crap about cars.

-mike
I'm very glad you said half...

I just don't see whay even explain to him how to do it. There is no reason for it and if he wants to have a revin' contest with his buddy than it is him that is the ricer. As many mentioned before its there for a reason. The ATX transmission cannot handle those high revs with no load.

Next thing you know he will be posting: "My tranny don't shift and smells funny!? HELP!"

k3v

Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Biged83
Captain

Yeah i will apologize i was kinda being a dick had a rough day at work. personally if your gonna be reving it get the intake and exhaust done and make you car as loud as the wrx with out having to rev it that high.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 PM
mikesxt
Rookie

sorry im 16 and only just getting into car i wanna learn alot and mod my neon and this is a great place to come and learn stuff so... when my friends car goes to 8 and i go to 4 this is the only placei can find out why and by no means is it ricer. a dodge neon might not be a fast car but i enjoy modding it to pick on other slower cars and were just hanging out havin a good time and wanna show off a little bit thats the new era doesnt mean im ricer young kids hang out and have fun just cuz ur older and think its stupid doesnt mean im ricer when i throw some flames on the side a coffe can and some aem stickers then come tlk ur ****. but right now u driver the same car as mine<id imagine since ur in neon forum>but mines stock so theres no way im even close to a ricer

Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Biged83
Captain

i didnt mean you were a ricer. kinda hopeing your not. but just sitting there reving is being ricey *ie spelling*lol i mean no harm. im new to the neon myself and i love the car. i have been known to rev mine but that was to get some *** in an acura's attention to race..lol

so mike your car is 100% bone stock? if you got $30-40 to spend go get an intake rom ebay. you wont regret it

as i said before i do apologize if i came off wrong

Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 PM
mikesxt
Rookie

im saving up first for the srt-4 exhaust and either the bumper or to get the bumper cut to fit in the tips. then intakes next. then i want either undrive pulley or throttle body and after that i dont really knwo lol

Old 04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Biged83
Captain

yeah i started with strut bars, then intake, then the magnaflow. next i plan on doing the UDP then TB. just remember with the srt-4 exhaust to get the glasspack

Old 04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
mikesxt
Rookie

i thought glass pack made them louder? thats not what i want i want more a dumper hum

Quick Reply: problem reving my car