Default RE: mopar lip kits

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: Freerider

My primered lip kits been sitting in my closet for like two weeks now...I hate being poor.
why dont you paint it yourself man???

You can do an excellent job (my spoiler was my FIRST TIME PAINTING something for my car) as long as you take the time to prep.

If you want, I know a good place to pick up paint. paintworldinc.com is amazing for paint. Put in your paint code for any make, model, or year and they MATCH it dead on. Looks really good. Everytime I have gotten paint from them (for 2 different cars multiple times) they have been awesome.

anyways... I wonder if this will create a surge in people purchasing this stuff and it becoming more common on neons[&:]
Yeah I've been on that site and I think solar yellow came out to $22.00 per spray paint can...but I dont know how many cans I would need and how I would do the clear coating...

As for everyone having these...even if every kit was sold, when you consider the massive number of Neons on the road, you'll still be the only person in your town/area with a Mopar Lip Kit (i've never even seen a Mopar lip kit on a Neon in person).

true I suppose. I havent myself yet either 03.

If you order paint, like when I did, I got free clear coat with my paint. You can also purchase the clear coat from them. Either way, I bought some colored ones (couldn't find the primered for cheaper) and I am going to sand them down and paint them myself. I am buffing out my spoiler I painted too so the car will be looking SHARP
How many cans of spray paint did it take to paint your spoiler?
1 and a1/4
Hmmm...so ordering 3 or 4 cans would probably be on the safe side for painting a front and rear lip...
yea thats how many I am ordering...

and its funny to think about. Its spray paint... but it is car paint... interesting.

and...

THE QUOTE JUST GOT LONGER!

Old 05-02-2007 | 08:21 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

My primered lip kits been sitting in my closet for like two weeks now...I hate being poor.

You can do an excellent job (my spoiler was my FIRST TIME PAINTING something for my car) as long as you take the time to prep.

If you want, I know a good place to pick up paint. paintworldinc.com is amazing for paint. Put in your paint code for any make, model, or year and they MATCH it dead on. Looks really good. Everytime I have gotten paint from them (for 2 different cars multiple times) they have been awesome.

anyways... I wonder if this will create a surge in people purchasing this stuff and it becoming more common on neons[&:]
Yeah I've been on that site and I think solar yellow came out to $22.00 per spray paint can...but I dont know how many cans I would need and how I would do the clear coating...

As for everyone having these...even if every kit was sold, when you consider the massive number of Neons on the road, you'll still be the only person in your town/area with a Mopar Lip Kit (i've never even seen a Mopar lip kit on a Neon in person).

If you order paint, like when I did, I got free clear coat with my paint. You can also purchase the clear coat from them. Either way, I bought some colored ones (couldn't find the primered for cheaper) and I am going to sand them down and paint them myself. I am buffing out my spoiler I painted too so the car will be looking SHARP
1 and a1/4
Hmmm...so ordering 3 or 4 cans would probably be on the safe side for painting a front and rear lip...

and its funny to think about. Its spray paint... but it is car paint... interesting.

and...

OMFG This quite is HUUUUGE AHHHHHH!!!!

Old 05-02-2007 | 09:31 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

1 and a1/4

and...

OMFG This quite is HUUUUGE AHHHHHH!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2007 | 09:41 PM
tmjr006

the spoiler will fit on a 2000 plymouth neon right?...and abouthow much does it usually run to get its painted silver and put on my car?

Old 05-02-2007 | 09:56 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

yes it will fit, not sure about a price

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:08 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

i got really lucky all, i purchased a SRT primered spoiler when there were only two left, it took forever to get an email from them and i thought i wasn't gonna get it, but got an email today saying it was shipped!!

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:37 AM
01neon01
Veteran

ok this is a really dumb question but its 70 for a pair of side skirts and not just one right? i dont want to end up buying 2 pair and have one just lying around.

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:43 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

its 70 for 4 pieces, 2 for each side

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:45 AM
01neon01
Veteran

thanks spikey!

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:47 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

was gonna ask of SpikeyMikey, since earlier in this post..he said he "already picked them up, just need them painted". He said He paid 179 for the front and rear lips, plus the side skirts. I assume... since I just paid almost exactly the same thing... seeeing that you get front and rear lips for 99... that you get both left and right side skirts for 69. (Just judging by the sizes of the things)
With all these people buying these things, ..myself also being one of the guilty... is there a picture of a car with these things on them somewhere? I dont even know, on the side skirts, are they 2 pieces for each side, or 1 long piece for each side?

EDIT: oops, sorry Spikey... musta posted at the same time...most questions answered...

Quick Reply: mopar lip kits