2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

SRT-4 Exhaust with 4" tips fit in R/T Exhaust slots?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007 | 09:12 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Default RE: SRT-4 Exhaust with 4" tips fit in R/T Exhaust slots?

^just like the srt exhaust fits on the SE bumper. the tips stick out nastily and the bumper rests on the tips

Old 05-20-2007 | 10:07 PM
AirWolf

Hey for some of us things work out better than the rest of us . Like my sxt rear bumper never had the cut outs and my srt exhaust doesnt even touch the bumper or has it melted it . Some have good luck and others like some of you have had bad luck. Meaning bad luck with the r/t cutouts if I got the r/t rear bumper not like I ever wanted one but I could get the srt exhaust to fit without any trouble . I have very good luck so far with my sxt stuff fitting just right at 84 thousand miles only one sensor so far had to be replaced the only problem .

Old 05-20-2007 | 10:32 PM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

ah **** that sucks...you guys know a nice loud exhaust system for the r/t bumper??
Borla FTW and I would go with a srt rear about as cheap as a r/t and way cooler looken than a r/t rear and a srt exhaust or borla or magnaflow will fit without a problem like some meaning spikey mickey and a few others have had serious problems fitting a srt in the r/t rear cutouts.

Old 05-21-2007 | 02:08 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Well the only reason I was going to get an r/t bumper was because I thought it would evenly match up with the front of the car. Won't the srt-4 bumper go down lower than my exisiting neon bumper, and not match with the contour of the vehicle from front to back? Other than that, if the srt-4 exhaust is the same size as my stock bumper, then I'd definately get the srt-4 bumper so I could run srt-4 exhaust system ect..

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:16 PM
AirWolf

The srt rear will fit better than the r/t with the srt exhaust but you have to get the 03-05 taillights to fit your yr tails wont fit and you can roll the bumper much easier with a srt rear. A ton of neons have done this more than put the r/t rear on unless you get the mopar lip kit.

Old 05-21-2007 | 05:53 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

Well, I just went on ahead and bought the r/t bumper for my car from the paintshop, and its coming with the r/t exhaust system in it. I will then buy an aftermarket r/t exhaust that's loud, but i needed to have something for an exhaust right now because when they take my neon bumper off, im going to have to say bye to the vibrant exhaust system, the exhaust system that sounds so sweet, but looks so damn retarded lol!! Anyways, so how does one go about "rolling" the bumper on an r/t...i dont know what that means lol. I just want to make sure it's possible to put an srt-4 exhaust on my car still with the r/t bumper...that one on ebay with the 4" tips really attracts me, is that going to fit if i "roll" the bumper...or can it fit without rolling it...thanks again guys for the input, thank you airwolf for your help so far too, its very helpful.

Old 05-21-2007 | 06:55 PM
Andpto
All Star

. you should have gone with the the srt-4 rear bumper..... srt-4 bumper with R/T side skirts and an 01-02 R/T front bumper or a 02 bumper with lip. would look bad *** . you can get a 02 bumper for 35.00 primed from certifit.

Old 05-21-2007 | 07:05 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I can't afford all that other crap though...ive alread invested so much money into this little tiny piece of **** slow poptart neon...im already being a big shot by getting rid an exhaust i already have and putting on a rear section of an r/t with a loud r/t exhaust....MY BROTHER JUST ****ING GOT MY BRAND NEW DETAILED NEON INTO A FENDER ****ING BENDER..!!! I HATE ****ING CARS, **** NEONS, ****ING SLOW PILE OF ****S, UNLESS U TURBO IT. ITS A WASTE OF ****ING MONEY!!!! **** EVERYONE!! I HATE CARS, AND I HATE ****ING ALL THIS MONEY INTO CAR ****, ONE MINUTE UR THE BEST LOOKING NEON AND THEN THE NEXT UR ****ED ALL OVER, AND IM NOT EVEN DRIVING!!!!!! **** THE NEON, IM DONE WITH IT

Old 05-21-2007 | 07:25 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I can't afford all that other crap though...ive alread invested so much money into this little tiny piece of **** slow poptart neon...im already being a big shot by getting rid an exhaust i already have and putting on a rear section of an r/t with a loud r/t exhaust....MY BROTHER JUST ****ING GOT MY BRAND NEW DETAILED NEON INTO A FENDER ****ING BENDER..!!! I HATE ****ING CARS, **** NEONS, ****ING SLOW PILE OF ****S, UNLESS U TURBO IT. ITS A WASTE OF ****ING MONEY!!!! **** EVERYONE!! I HATE CARS, AND I HATE ****ING ALL THIS MONEY INTO CAR ****, ONE MINUTE UR THE BEST LOOKING NEON AND THEN THE NEXT UR ****ED ALL OVER, AND IM NOT EVEN DRIVING!!!!!! **** THE NEON, IM DONE WITH IT

[sm=badbadbad.gif]wow....... ummmmmm...... i think that sums up how he feels....... [sm=closed.gif]

Old 05-21-2007 | 08:37 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

wow.....

not much to say aside from why fo you let him drive it?

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Exhaust with 4" tips fit in R/T Exhaust slots?