2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

manual to keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
867neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual to keyless entry?

is it possible to install/switch to, keyless entry to a car that has no powerlocks/windows. i've been told it is possible, but i've heard different ways to do it, and i was wondering if anyone here would explain it a lil bit more. that's the only thing i dont like about my car, that i have to reach to open my passenger doors everytime they're gettin in.

thanks in advance

Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 PM
nswap7
Captain
Default RE: manual to keyless entry?

buy the driver and passenger doors from a car with powerlock.lol. i didnt think you could

Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
01neon01
Veteran

its possible to do. just buy an aftermarket alarm system for your car. youre going to have to buy the motors for the doors to unlock. thats what i did for my car i had no powerlocks or windows when i bought it.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea im gonna have to do all of that soon.... im not sure where i should go to have it all done for me... i have to find a reliable place to get it done....

Old 05-31-2007, 02:50 AM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

I got a 2004 SE dodge neon and it didn't come with anything... but first mod I did was power door lock. I got mine at commandocaralarms.com you can get the actuator there for 2 or 4 doors... I bought the 4 doors. Oh yeah... most likely you'll need drill to secure the actuator into the door panel. Then you'll have to attach the actuator to the door mechanism (metal rod). I did mine by buying a wire rod from a hardware store and then attach one end to the actuator and the other end to the lock mechanism. So now when i use my key to open one door then all of them open. My alarm system iscoming in tomorrow so i'll be taking apart the door panel. I'll take some pictures and show you how I did it tomorrow. Oh yeah.. make sure you give yourself plenty of time. I started working on it at like 10am and finished it at around 7pm... including trips to the hardware store and lunch It gets frustrating with the positioning of the actuator and attaching to the lock mechanism but it's possible... sorry about the long post.

Quick Reply: manual to keyless entry?