2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

exhaust sounds

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
neon 05
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exhaust sounds

since i got a auto imma keep it slient ..but go wit the srt 4 look and borla..

Old 06-04-2007, 09:05 PM
AirWolf

I loved my mopar borla on my acr . Just lookin for a nice 200 bucks shipped one lucky on srt forums or ebay.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
neon 05
Captain

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7BVW1GT1YYk

check the sound of the exhaust on this srt 4

Old 06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
AirWolf

Wow that srt4 exhaust sounds mean my borla sounded alot meaner though and thats an red evo not an acura in that video.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I don't know...I've heard magnaflow many times on the dodge neons, and I just don't think it does anything special for the car, nor for my ears. It sounds like every other 4 cylinder fart can with just a tad more class and lacks a pinnacle at higher rpms. And the srt-4 exhaust if not done properly, sounds wicked pingy and distorted due to the lack of muffler. Borla I have seen and heard in real life, and it's just as good as everyone says it is, nice and deep. With the vibrant I run on my car, I think it sounds different from any other exhaust systems, and the camera does not do it justice! Everyone tells me in school my exhaust system sounds so unique, and doesnt even sound like a little 4 cylinder poptart fart can at all. It has this very real nascar sound from afar, and it liteerally just vibrates everything. I've been in my brothers F-350 wiht dual exhaust racing my brother in my 2000 neon, and he will be about 500ft ahead of me, and i can still hear my exhaust just resonating through the trucks cab even when I am at full throttle in a huge truck, its just really cool the way it has this ability to resonate through the air at such far away distances, the name of the exhaust does justice for what it actually does! Theres something special about the vibrant, its wicked sweet. My friends have been at stop lights taking left hand turns, and they said when I went by them it shook their whole car and made the sweetest noise, and this was reported when I was't even near the loud full throttle! The only problem I was having with it, was the way it sat from behind. They didn't do the greatest job of hiding the way it comes down to meet the tips, but for the most part looks great! Also, I am just a freak so what I am talking about might not even bother you to begin with.. Fortunately, I bought a 2002 Neon R/T rear section bumper with the dual cutouts, and I am having a paint shop at the moment customly modify my vibrant to make it fit the cutouts. I am very happy I got to keep the vibrant because it sounds like no other, and seems to only get louder the more it is used, its wicked sweet, and really sounds so great. When my friends drive my car down the road so I can see it go by, you can hear it from a mile away just making alll this freaky nascar noises, so sweet!! Sorry for the long description, just wanted you to get a taste for your options guys!

Check my videos out again that I posted earlier in the thread if you want to hear what I am talking about, I might add that the stupid camera I was using to shoot the video hardly relays the loudness of the car, and two, my friend had to drive my car in these two videos for me because I dont have a license, so he didn't keep holding the gas after he went by, but in real life, if you keep holding the gas down, the exhaust just keeps goin and goin, and sounds great in the cab! Not to loud, but just consistent beauitful DEEP resonating vibrance, granted it only gets louder and sweeter with the more air-flowing mods you add to the car too.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
AirWolf

Cool that you like your vibrant . Ive seen some and heard some does have a different sound to them and glad your going to use it for your r/t bumper . I love my custom srt exhaust might keep just cause it came from my acr and it sounds much different from the other srt exhausts around with my custom glasspack on it . Ill never find a borla around my price range anyways .

Old 06-04-2007, 09:52 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

To me, I think you should stick with what you have, you've obviously done a lot of work to make it custom, and your one of those people who knew how to make it sound right! Sometimes I just want to get a new exhaust just because I love exhaust systems so much haha, but really I know at the end of the day stick with what you paid for, no use in backtracking after you put all that work into making it fit and sound right! Have any video clips of your exhaust that you could share with everyone??

Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
AirWolf

Im not really into the posting pics and taping thing yet I dont even have a myspace yet and barely a cardomain site. I can see what I can do about putting a soundclip off my custom exhaust on here . Im keepin it and polishing the tips up for shows this week and tighting it up also it does rattle cause it has a loose bolt I do love it cause its a reminder of my acr and its custom .

Old 06-05-2007, 12:27 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

[quote]ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I don't know...I've heard magnaflow many times on the dodge neons, and I just don't think it does anything special for the car, nor for my ears. It sounds like every other 4 cylinder fart can with just a tad more class and lacks a pinnacle at higher rpms. And the srt-4 exhaust if not done properly, sounds wicked pingy and distorted due to the lack of muffler. [quote]

i completely disagree with that statement about the magnaflow sounding like a fart can, i used to have one and the magnaflow sounds absolutely nothing like it lolor else i wouldn't have it in the first place.Also what do you mean it doesn't do anything"special" for the car? Every one is entitled to their own opinion i just personally disagree.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:30 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

loli still don't know how to use the forum tools lol

Quick Reply: exhaust sounds