2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Brother's True Dual Components on the way!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:19 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brother's True Dual Components on the way!!

Alright guys I know this isn't exactly regarding neon's, but i know we are all freaks about vehicles, so i know your input is as good as anyone elses.

So heres the low down...My twin brother Mike owns a 1995 Ford F-350, with a 7.5 liter 460ci big block. This truck has been completely restored from top to bottom in every category including a top notch black paintjob from Maaco last June, clear all around head lights in the front with LEDS, clear roof cab lights and tail lights, new mag rims, pirelli scorpion tires, chrome grill,cold air intake, the list goes on. You name it, it's gotten that part replaced. We bought the truck as a work truck last May, and then we found out the thing was completely junk and EVERYTHING at one point or another needed to come out because the previously owner just plowed with it during winters and just left it to sit through spring-fall. Anyways before I get off on too much of a tangent here about the truck, I want to get to the point.

As the truck currently sits, we ran a desent setup at the moment with regards to its exhaust system. The truck has 3" y-pipe (3" is the stock manifold flange size) off the manifolds and then dumps into a hi-flow cat, and then into a 3" inlet Super 40 flowmaster muffler with 2 2 1/4" outlet that has 2 pipes that go out behind the passenger right tire together. WELL, of course knowing me and mike, we just love performance, and that sexy sound, we want to make this thing roar even more, and let everyone hear it's bigblock scream haha. So within the next 2-3 weeks we are running a "True Dual" off the manifolds, and then eventually some longtube headers when we can afford them (They are rediculous exspensive!). We are going to be running Flowmaster's lastest and baddest mufflers, the Super 44's. This system is going to be a straight through 3" system with on both sides considering thats the size of the manifold's flange size. And we do plan on running hi-flow cats with the system as well. SO like usual i talk to much, but this is what i want your opinion on. There are three ways you can run the pipes and i want to know what you think it should be. Do you think we should have the tips go out the back underneath the bumper, or have each pipe go behind one of their own rear tires at either a 90 degree/45 degree angle, or lastly, have the two running pipes go out together on the same side like it is now. Keep in mind the pipe size is going to be 3" and the tips will be 4". Sorry i talk to much but i just get really pumped about this crap, let me know what way you think he should run the systems, either way she is gonna be loud as hell though having two mufflers, she already hrts my ear with just one super 40 muffler haha! Thanks guys!

Old 06-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star
Default RE: Preferances on True Dual Exhaust Set-up??

I would do one behind each rear tire, I think that would look badass.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:07 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Thanks man, I agree

Old 06-11-2007, 01:28 AM
lblackneon
Champion

I'm guessing it has unleaded gas right?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:06 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

haha yes, its an ******* to keep on the road!!

Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

i wanna see the beast

Old 06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

WOW, You scared the crap out of me with that one! I read the title of this thread, and all I could think of was, "What the hell is this retard thinking" (no offense lol). I figured you really wanted true dual exhaust on a neon which is impossible anyway. Then I opened it and started reading lol. It sounds pretty badass, just need the pics if you can. Would be sweet

Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
nswap7
Captain

^^^ same here

Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well today we bought all of the exhaust components needed to make a True Dual Exhaust system off the manifolds today for my brothers F-350. I am so wicked excited! We bought a 2 1/2" Flowmaster Universal Piping Kit for a True Dual, Two Hi-Flow Cats, Two Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers (Flowmaster's loudest mufflers), and then two 11" long 3" Flowmaster tips! THe system is going to be nasty, especially with a 460ci big block behind it! I definately will post pics up of the truck with the exhaust and videos as well once we get it on, probably this friday or saturday depending if they sent all the crap on time. So be patient! I also will get pics up of my new r/t bumper and custom fitted vibrant exhaust system when i am taking pics of his truck!

Old 06-12-2007, 04:19 AM
nswap7
Captain

no. get those damn pics up now..lol

Quick Reply: Brother's True Dual Components on the way!!