2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Mikeyneon20mag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help

I was driving down the interstate last friday ,runing about 75 when all of a sudden my car just acted like it quit, I let off the gas and it started back up. So I pulled off of the road and you could not go over 3000rpms without the rev limiter kicking in, wich I thought was really messed up. So he I go driving down the berm about 25 and I started to go down a hill, so I shut off my car thinking something might be hot, it was off about 4min and then I turned it back on and it ran like a bat out of hell the rest of the way home. I hooked my scanner up and i got a code for the tps sensor, but I really did'nt think this was the problem. The next moring I grabed a new one and put it on cause my car club was heading to a big show sat. We got almost to the show when it quit again, this is the weird part as soon as it started acting up I turned if of and right back on and it ran fine the rest of the way there and back home. I'm leaning torword the computer, but im really not sure. I've been a mechanic for years now and I have never seen anything like this. If anyone has ever seen or has ever had this problem I could use the info. Thanks

2003 neon r/t pacesetter cat back exhaust,af/x long tube header,mpx underdrive pully,mpx 60mm throttle body, cold air intake,race motor mount incerts, progress springs,altez lights,cross-drilled and slotted rotors,18 in force wheels,srt-4 hood and wing.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Mikeyneon20mag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need some help

kyuk