2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:13 PM
blocks885
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

So I just updated my cardomain and posted up another post of all the pics of my car--I'm thinking about going to order/pick up the front/rear lip kit from the dealer, but I had a few questions.

Does the rear lip kit have cutouts for dual exhaust? Is it already cut out for that or would i have to do that? If it's already pre-cut then I have to think about doing a dual exhaust on the car.

Does anyone know about a single-in/dual-out muffler and the size of the muffler if I wanted to do that? I think this method is a LOT cheaper than going straight back dual exhaust? But either case, does anyone know the specs if I did either? I know ordering online is much cheaper especially if shipping is free, but I don't want to order wrong sizes. Could someone tell me what sizes things I would need if I went single-in/dual-out muffler and custom piping back or if I just went dual-exhaust straight back what exhaust system should I go with (links?)??

If I did the single-in/dual-out I would just buy the muffler online and then go to Midas (I have hook-ups) and have them do the custom piping back with tips. I saw this link for one, would this fit the 03 Neon SXT??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pypes...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-13-2007, 04:48 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: A few questions

1) no it does not have cutouts

2) no "true" dual exhaust for neon, you need to get a 1 in 2 out muffler

3) no dont get that, you need the muffler to have an inlet and outet on one side then an outlet on the other side so it sits like the stock muffler

Old 06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
blocks885
Veteran

Any links/names of those types of mufflers with the 1in2out but one where the 2nd out is on the side so it sits like the stock muffler? What would I search for?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Modern Performance has a bunch as does howell...

Old 06-13-2007, 08:33 PM
blocks885
Veteran

Any particular one I should look at? Or does Howell have a section just for Neons?

Quick Reply: A few questions