2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How-to!!! No more cold-start "tick"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Exubus
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How-to!!! No more cold-start "tick"!!!

ORIGINAL: blocks885

I have a BRAND NEW digital camera I got as a gift, but the person that got it for me didn't know I had one already. Been looking to sell it, if you're interested in it PM me. I'll give you the specs.
He he okay, maybe in a few weeks if you still have it then. I gotta pay for an ex-wife so $ is tight right now, unless you wanna trade her for the camera then I'll win twice ha ha.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

wow, im a photographic kinda person. got any pictures to go with this?

Old 06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I think I know what noise you are referring to. It always seems when I first start my car for the first time during the day it does make that weird noise. And then as i leave the driveway it makes this very strange fluttering noise as you hit the gas, and its really annoying, and i dont know what it is. Is that fluttering noise, or as I refer to it as, the "mosquioto noise" coordinated with that "sewing machine" sound when u first start the car. It does eventually go away too once the vehicle warms up I've noticed, but it sucks cause my bro always makes fun of it cause he has to drive my car now since i dont have a license till august 1st, so whenever he first gets on the road with the car, it makes this very annoying noise, and the car just sounds very weak, thank god for the cold air intake and exhaust system making all that noise to cover up the queer sounds of the neon haha!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I think I know what noise you are referring to. It always seems when I first start my car for the first time during the day it does make that weird noise. And then as i leave the driveway it makes this very strange fluttering noise as you hit the gas, and its really annoying, and i dont know what it is. Is that fluttering noise, or as I refer to it as, the "mosquioto noise" coordinated with that "sewing machine" sound when u first start the car. It does eventually go away too once the vehicle warms up I've noticed, but it sucks cause my bro always makes fun of it cause he has to drive my car now since i dont have a license till august 1st, so whenever he first gets on the road with the car, it makes this very annoying noise, and the car just sounds very weak, thank god for the cold air intake and exhaust system making all that noise to cover up the queer sounds of the neon haha!
Yeah, same here... that's why I did this to get rid of it. Not sure what you're referring to with the "mosquito noise," but to me this problem and how-to addresses how to fix or drastically alleviate the "sewing machine" noise. I got teased a couple years ago about it... I walked out of work one night and someone put a sticker on my back window that said "Powered by Singer." Embarassing.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Exubus
Champion

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

wow, im a photographic kinda person. got any pictures to go with this?
Well I could forward ya the TSB for it for your SRT4, which is the same concept but slightly different process due to the different heads.

Quick Reply: How-to!!! No more cold-start "tick"!!!