2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

car wants to start but hesitates

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
italiansdobest748304
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wants to start but hesitates

HEY GUYS I NEED SOME HELP ON THIS ONE. me and my husband own a black 2001 dodge neon. we love the car but its giving us a problem. after me and my hsband changed the alternator belt on the car after we found out that we were riding on none, the car hasnt been starting like it should. i mean it wants to start. It makes the sound like its gonna start but then it doesnt. dont get me wrong it does start up but after like 6 or 7 tries. does anyone know what this could be? my husband thinks its the starter. My father in law thinks its something to do with the air in take or the trottle house. MY father thinks it just needs a tune up? wow can any tell me whats wrong and if this ever happened to them. also the battery is fine, the lights come on fine and so does the radio. the ignition clicks over too but when we go to start it tries to stazrt itself but then it doesnt if someone could reply to this i appreciate it, we only have one car, and we have a son too so ay know. and also my husband could be lazy and spend what ever it is fixing it at the repair shop but he doesnt he wants to fix it himself.

Quick Reply: car wants to start but hesitates