2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Wierd slow down problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 AM
meatpuff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd slow down problem

I have a 2005 Neon SXT manual transmission, if that helps at all, and I had the weirdest thing happen to me, bear with me on this one.

So I was at a stop light, it turned green, im in first gear accelerating. I get up to around 10 MPH and all the sudden the car jerks back, it felt like if you were in 5th gear going around 60, and down shifting into 3rd, but before you let the clutch go you let the RPMs idle to 1k. But I was in 1st the whole time, not touching the clutch, I was still holding down the gas also. I have never experienced that before, any help on this would be great.

Also If it helps, the RPMs didnt shoot up when the car jerked back, they went down. It was as if the engine died for a sec then kicked back in. Very strange. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:07 PM
GrApHite03
Default RE: Wierd slow down problem

Its a known problem... used to happen to me all the time. There are tons of threads on the .org about it. Many people have brought the car to the dealer and it hasn't been fixed. Its almost like the car bogs out...

I started shifting into 2nd gear around 3000rpms and never had the problem again.

k3v

Old 08-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Biged83
Captain
Default RE: Wierd slow down problem

i got the same thing and it bugs the crap out of me. i will figure out why it does it..lol

Quick Reply: Wierd slow down problem