2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

fixing a cf hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 PM
ek2588
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixing a cf hood

well afriend of mineis replacing his cf hood with a stock srt-4 hood and is selling me the old one for next to nothing.. Here's an old pic of his car when his hood was better shape.

Now the clear coat is gone and the hood is riddled with scarches from road depris.
Ill get a better pic when i buy it, but my question is will adding clear coat bring it back to its original shine? If not i kinda wanted to try a lil design by painting the hood red but leaving the areas around the scoopes showing cf.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 AM
contagious19
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fixing a cf hood

ORIGINAL: ek2588

well afriend of mineis replacing his cf hood with a stock srt-4 hood and is selling me the old one for next to nothing.. Here's an old pic of his car when his hood was better shape.

Now the clear coat is gone and the hood is riddled with scarches from road depris.
Ill get a better pic when i buy it, but my question is will adding clear coat bring it back to its original shine? If not i kinda wanted to try a lil design by painting the hood red but leaving the areas around the scoopes showing cf.
thats a nice hood. but dat design ur talking bout would make it look cleaner. i seen it on a show where they painted a design on a carbon fiber hood and left some carbon fiberby da scoops. it looked clean. and i think adding a clear coat would probably get it close to how it used to look

Quick Reply: fixing a cf hood