2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

just clearing up something...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:32 AM
tankhardrive
|
Professional
Default just clearing up something...

for the turbo im gonna be putting on my car im pretty sure i can either do a fmu or something like megasquirt but i dont need both correct? just one or the other? also if i wanted to could i run both? or is this overkill? http://shopping.lightningmotorsports...t=0&page=1is the RRFMU im looking at getting. and if i did get megasquirt if i got msI v3 ? i drive a 04 neon sxt mt. also if some one could really just explain what is so much better about megasquirt compared to the fmu.

ive been reading alot on the megasquirt on here and it sounds good but really is it worth the instillation and tuning? im just starting to work on my car so im not real well not real good with everything. so im just learning everything as i go. so for someone like that is megasquirt out of the question with tuning and everything. also which gauge and sensor do i need with ms?

thanks in advance! and sorry i know i've been posting tons of stuff lately im just trying to make sure i dont blow my car or the money im spending on it! so again thanks!!!

Old 08-24-2007 | 01:07 PM
GrApHite03
Default RE: just clearing up something...

Spend the money and go megasquirt... You live in FL and there are tons of shops that will tune it for you and you wont have to worry about watching gauges.

You do not need both. Although the FMU set up has been proven year after year and i've seen turbo neons running upwards of 600whp on this simple set-up.

My suggestion to you is not to jump into anything right away. research, research, research... I spent two years researching before i boosted my first neon and 5 years later i am still learning everyday.

k3v

Old 08-24-2007 | 01:10 PM
tankhardrive
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

Spend the money and go megasquirt... You live in FL and there are tons of shops that will tune it for you and you wont have to worry about watching gauges.

You do not need both. Although the FMU set up has been proven year after year and i've seen turbo neons running upwards of 600whp on this simple set-up.

My suggestion to you is not to jump into anything right away. research, research, research... I spent two years researching before i boosted my first neon and 5 years later i am still learning everyday.

k3v
thanks for the info. as a follow up how much would some of those places cost to tune if you even know?

Old 08-24-2007 | 01:28 PM
GrApHite03

I've seen tunings costs range from $55-$300 per hour. Depends on the shop or person tuning.

Old 08-24-2007 | 01:39 PM
tankhardrive
|
Professional

ok thanks for the info

Quick Reply: just clearing up something...