2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Indy intake mani/ Rt mani

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:33 AM
gnu4life778
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy intake mani/ Rt mani

hey i was wonderin how much of a difference does the indy intake make ( if any), im lookin into just getting the R/t intake manifold...but where would i get one besides a scraped r/t. Also is it a direct bolt on, or is some other work involved. I heard somewhere that its almost like having vtec ( im a honda lover....dont hate)due to 2ndary valves open???/ if any one could explain this that would be great

Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Default RE: Indy intake mani/ Rt mani

Indy, they say it is a Direct bolt on... but it IS NOT! It requires a bit of fabrication to get it installed.

However, I have heard mixed feelings on the subject. I have heard (this is the general consensus), that it is VASTLY better than the stock plastic POS intake, but it is no where near worth the money and the "promise" of an easy install.

The gain you will receive from the indy (or any intake for that matter) is fully dependant on what is already done. If you have a lot of bolt on's already, you will obviously see a better gain. If your sticking it on a bone stock car, you will receive next to nothing.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:08 AM
gnu4life778

yeah i have all the major bolt ons, and im spraying a 75 shot for now, i'm just sick of lookin at the garbage plastic intake mani, thanks for your help....i think im gonna stick with stock untill i can find a good deal

Old 08-25-2007, 03:10 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

check out other forums or even this one for good deals. mikey and i found some pretty damn good deals recently on R/T intakemanifolds

Quick Reply: Indy intake mani/ Rt mani