2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

New Wheels!! and Kazera Springs... (pics)(Finished)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:26 AM
dodgeneonz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Wheels!! and Kazera Springs... (pics)

hey thanks for all the comments guys... i appreciated it... well, latest update... i've been at work all day so only my gf was at home... so i didn't get the struts... ( I didn't know ups doesn't deliver on saturday)... but i was hoping for it... but I did get my 4 universal power window!!! Woot!! sorry... I know it's lame to get excited about power window... but I've been driving without power windows for like almost 8 months now... and it sucks having to stop the car and reach across to roll down the window so that you can talk to your friend who happens to be walking on campus. Anyway... so i guess i won't be installing the lowering springs and struts this monday... instead i'll be installing the power window i'll do a write up on it too for those who had SE model. Gotta work all day again tomorrow... so i'll probably update again on monday night.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

hey nice!...what size are the new wheels? (didn't see it mentioned...)

Old 09-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

You.... really need to get a gallery put some of those pics in there.

I like it! Looks sick!

Old 09-03-2007, 01:00 AM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

thanks guys... the wheels are hyperblack Azul Speed 5 from wheelsnext.com on the site it says it's 17x7 but on the wheel itselfand on other website it was actually 17x.7.5. I got it for 699 with tires (federal brand). So I thought it's a pretty good deal overall.

Yeah.... I wanted to start a gallery but I have no idea how... so that's why I haven't had one yet... some help on making one would be nice

Old 09-03-2007, 09:33 AM
bone33
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dodgeneonz

Yeah.... I wanted to start a gallery but I have no idea how... so that's why I haven't had one yet... some help on making one would be nice
https://dodgeforum.com/m_584033/tm.htm LOOKIE HERE

Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

cool, i'll probably make a gallery soon... thanks bone... anyway... latest update today... (it's all about power window though... lol... strut's not here yet)... so I now realize why people charge so much for installing a power window... especially aftermarket ones. I think I've cussed so much today that it's probably more than what i usually do in a month. So it too make a while to get all the wiring in under the carpet and then i had to extend the wiring to two of the doors.... and also trying to find a spot between the door and the door panel took like almost an hour of trial and error... and it's so hot today too... so basically i take a 30mins break every hour or so of working. I started working on it at like 12pm and ended at about 8pm... this includes walmart and autostore trip... food break... and stuff. So i finally got the power window motor on 3 of the windows (didn't even get to the rear left door panel at all) and the wiring to it. So now from the driver seat I can open and close the front left and rear right... front right can be controlled by the switch on the door panel but not from the switch at the driver seat... (i think one of the wiring might have came loose that connects the driver seat switch to the right window) So i got these much done so far... but at the same time my right front speaker stopped working... probably pulled a wire by accident when i open the door panel... so i've gotta do these later... and i hate mosquitos... damn... i have like 10 of those on my legs... so far... 3 power window working but 2 windows completely workable. I'm gonna take some pictures later for you guys of the positioning of the universal power window motor. So far... i'm done for the day... a whole day for 3 power windows = not worth it... well... actually it's worth it considering the experience i've got. oh well Struts should be coming in the next few days Woot!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:41 PM
AirWolf

Nice se I love what youve done to it. Ive got to get me a mopar lip kit . I love it more and more everytime I see one. Love your hyperblack rims and drop.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Kapitald
Captain

Nice ride....yes i would like to see pics with a drop as well....to get rid of some of that clearance....otherwise very clean..

Old 09-04-2007, 02:34 PM
contagious19
Champion

hey kapitald, any pics of ur SRT-4 yet?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:03 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

Updates... well, I worked on my car today... on the struts... and man... is it just me or does everything seems to go wrong when i try working on it? I had to make so many trips to the autostore... first to get the home made custom double wrench to get it working... and then I couldn't get it open because i didn't have any power tools... so i ended up having an auto shop take off the nut off the piston of the old strut. so... that's as far as I got... and it's really a pain trying to compress the springs because the stock spring is so long... so a bunch of compressing to do... especially with a rachet. So... quick question for you guys that did the strut and spring... when reassembling everying on the blues... did your spring seat and bearing sit horizontal and flat on top of the spring? because mine since to be leaning so that it's slanted because of the shape/coil of the spring... am i doing something wrong? or do I just go ahead and tighten the nut and it'll level out?

Quick Reply: New Wheels!! and Kazera Springs... (pics)(Finished)