2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmission problem?

thats reassuring, thanks! isnt there a site or something that shows when the autos are supposed to shift..MPH wise, i dont have a tach

Old 09-06-2007, 02:08 PM
AirWolf

Good question I have a tach in mine so that helps out alot.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:35 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Your not hallucinating, you seriously damaged the inner workings of your transmission. You'll probably need to do a complete rebuild within the next 1,000 miles, and if you dont you'll probably feel your transmission slowly become less responsive and sluggish fairly soon, at which point it will become more and more difficult to place the transmission in gear. It will probably then begin to jump out of gear and enter Neutral randomly because the clutch packs are totally ground down, at which time you wont even be able to drive the car since it will always be in either neutral or park, if your lucky that is. Then finally your transmission will simply stop functioning fromt he massive internal damage you have caused and you will be royally screwed...oh well, its always a good time for an MTx swap I guess...

Old 09-07-2007, 03:56 AM
underdogneon
Professional

Wow...

uh, but anyway, there's a chart for the recommended shift speeds in your car's manual...

Old 09-07-2007, 12:15 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

Your not hallucinating, you seriously damaged the inner workings of your transmission. You'll probably need to do a complete rebuild within the next 1,000 miles, and if you dont you'll probably feel your transmission slowly become less responsive and sluggish fairly soon, at which point it will become more and more difficult to place the transmission in gear. It will probably then begin to jump out of gear and enter Neutral randomly because the clutch packs are totally ground down, at which time you wont even be able to drive the car since it will always be in either neutral or park, if your lucky that is. Then finally your transmission will simply stop functioning fromt he massive internal damage you have caused and you will be royally screwed...oh well, its always a good time for an MTx swap I guess...
are u being serious?it feels normal now lol it's like it never happened. maybe you just want me to do the swaplol, anyway there are no signs as of now that anything is wrong at all, everything feels as it should, but ill look out for that

Old 09-07-2007, 12:34 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: neon03se

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

are u being serious?it feels normal now lol it's like it never happened. maybe you just want me to do the swaplol, anyway there are no signs as of now that anything is wrong at all, everything feels as it should, but ill look out for that
Nope I wasnt serious, just trying to freak you out lol.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:24 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

DAMN IT!!!!!! lmao you got me pretty good, the whole time i was reading your post, i was just waiting for a "jk" or something and when it didn't come, i said "o **** he might be serious" lol damn you . I trust your advice too much lol i should go for 95% and know there is a 5% chance you might be messin around trying to make me **** my pants,as you have done it to me twice already lmao. Good one though lol.

for the MTX swap what is a rough estimate on the price of the swap (parts)

Old 09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: neon03se

DAMN IT!!!!!! lmao you got me pretty good, the whole time i was reading your post, i was just waiting for a "jk" or something and when it didn't come, i said "o **** he might be serious" lol damn you . I trust your advice too much lol i should go for 95% and know there is a 5% chance you might be messin around trying to make me **** my pants,as you have done it to me twice already lmao. Good one though lol.

for the MTX swap what is a rough estimate on the price of the swap (parts)
Haha sorry man, I just saw a nice opportunity and I took it!! (when did I get you another time though??) As for the cost of the swap, probably around $1,000 once your said and done, maybe more, maybe less. It always depends on what kind iof parts your buying and what kind of deals you can find...

Old 09-08-2007, 01:32 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

i dont know, is it really worth that much mooolah?

Quick Reply: Transmission problem?