2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Question about driving records and insurance companies.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
technical18
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about driving records and insurance companies.

Ok so i got my 3rd speeding ticket in 2 years last night and im was worried my driving record must be looking pretty bad and my insurance was gonna go throught the roof. I do some research last night and find this:

Louisiana doesn't have a state-based point system, but it is a participant of the Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS).The PDPS is a component of the National Driver Register (NDR). It acts as a bank of information regarding driver's license histories from all states, including any:[*] Suspensions[*]Revocations[*]Cancellations[*]Denials[*]Serious traffic offenses[*]http://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/point-system.php

So today i go to my LA OMV website, pay $15 and print my driving record and low and behold i have0 violations across the board.

*confused* However i read this:
Your Louisiana driving record includes information regarding any accident statements and traffic offenses on record, as well as your driver's license status and/or commercial driver's license (CDL) status.Minor traffic violations are kept on record for three years and major traffic violations are on record for five years. All Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), Out-of-Service, and Vehicle Negligent Injury convictions are on record for 10 years.
http://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/driving-records.php

My Question:

Is my driving record really clean after 3 speeding tickets becuase of LA's laws?

So technically becuase they arent recorded on my drving record, then i don't have to report them to an insurance company and i can recieve the lower premium when seeking new insurance?

Old 09-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Mike594sxt
Professional
Default RE: Question about driving records and insurance companies.

You can tell the insurance companyall you want that you have 0 points and ****, but when you agree to let them look at your records, (which you have to do if you're gonna buy a policy) they will know for sure what you've done in the past. So if you truly do have 0 right now and thats what it says on your record, then you're fine. But I know in NJ it takes like a month or sometimes even longer for the system to update. So who knows...

Old 09-09-2007, 05:59 PM
technical18
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mike594sxt

You can tell the insurance companyall you want that you have 0 points and ****, but when you agree to let them look at your records, (which you have to do if you're gonna buy a policy) they will know for sure what you've done in the past. So if you truly do have 0 right now and thats what it says on your record, then you're fine. But I know in NJ it takes like a month or sometimes even longer for the system to update. So who knows...
Yeah i wasnt expecting to see anything about the ticket i just got last night, but still the other two should have been there and they weren't, so i guess im good

Old 09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
ek2588
Veteran

points get erased every two years, i dont no if the ticket it self does tho.

Quick Reply: Question about driving records and insurance companies.