2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

track tommerow got some serious Q?????? now with a video

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:05 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: track tommerow got some serious Q??????

i sent them oh yea i was wondering if i should do a ground kit ? tommerow before i go to the track

Old 09-14-2007, 08:00 AM
ek2588
Veteran

A mistake ppl often make is they DROp the clutch off the line when really ur suppost to feather it. tire pressure no lowerthen 15psi.Sinceour neons are slow u might wana try launchingon theTHIRD YEllOW to help ur lower your/t. or u can also deep stage. Thats when the first staging light goes out but the second stays on.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:20 AM
skilz2nv
Rookie

Hey bro i got those clips but my damn computer doesnt wanna work with me today...i dont know what the hells goin on...

Old 09-14-2007, 11:27 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

its all good i might just up load them to photobucket or somehtign and post a link i guess

Old 09-14-2007, 11:42 AM
skilz2nv
Rookie

Yes that will probably work...

Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
blackflame
Captain

Hmm...Can someone explain some things to me? I always thought double clutching was for down shifting. Like a cheap way to heel-toe. Why would you double clutch on a drag strip? So what is a range some of you guys rev at? I have heard that if you feather the clutch out right it feels like you are destroying it...and thats how you do it. When you feather it out do you give it more gas or do you keep the pedal the same according to the rev?

Just curious, thanks.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
ek2588
Veteran

i launch at 4k and shift at 8k Forfeathering the clutchi dont fully understandit yet. I give it more gas and slowly release the clutch. i just dont dump it.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
GrApHite03

double clutching/double shifting... forget all that fast and furious crap. Shift normally and as fast as you can!

I would stage, bring the revs up to 2k to start and swiftly bring the clutch up while pressing the gas. Almost burning the clutch on purpose for the launch. You may have to pedal the throttle to get traction. Start at 2k and go from there. If its too low you will bog and if its too high you will spin too much. Spinning is better than bogging. Too violent of a launch will throw the weight to the rear and take away crucial weight needed for front tire traction. Find that happy medium...

As mentioned, do not heat up the tires. Street tire compound is not made for high temp. If anything spin them one full rotation to spin off any sand or dirt. Also, do not go through the water box.

k3v

Old 09-14-2007, 01:44 PM
blackflame
Captain

Yeah, I thought i was right on the double clutching. I remember in the first Fast and the Furious Vin mentioned at the first race that the guy wasn't double clutching....I kinda laughed. Who double clutches even for down shifts?? Just clutch in, rev to wherever while you are shifting....no need to go to neutral, let out the clutch rev, push it in and then go to the gear haha. The MM inserts help so much for keeping the weight down. Instead of letting the engine absorb the take off it just keeps the car on the ground....I love them! haha

Old 09-14-2007, 02:07 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran

how do you you shift at 8k when the rev limiter thingy kicks in at like 6.5 or 7k? doesnt that **** up your engine?

Quick Reply: track tommerow got some serious Q?????? now with a video