2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Air conditioning problem -- need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:27 PM
yegor2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioning problem -- need help!!!

I just bought a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT with about 36k on it, and the car's been running great all of last week. However, yesterday I took about a 70 mile highwaytrip in it, and the AC has quit all together after about 50 miles into the trip!The air just stopped blowing -- from both the AC and the heater positions on the control ****. I've felt the dashboard and it wasscorching hot all over the place! I had to finish off my trip with the windows rolled down, and I let the car cool off for about 5 hours after I got to my destination point. On the way back (the same 70 miles), the AC worked just fine thewhole way-- as though nothing happened, but the temp outside was a lot cooler too.

Does anyone know what could have been causing my AC malfunction? What can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again?I'm planning to take the vehicle back to the dealer this week and try to get this issue fixed, but I'm afraid I'm going to have a very tough time convincing the dealer there is a problem, since the AC works fine right now. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Air conditioning problem -- need help!!!