2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Magnaflow or Borla

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:48 PM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magnaflow or Borla

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

A borla sounding like a honda dont think so its the best sounding and best for performance exhaust out there guess you guys havent heard it on a srt4 or a v8 stang or even a srt8 charger that goes to graphite and bones. Its not a crappy exhaust like the srt4 exhaust I like mine but changing it really soon to a more custom one like maybe a crossfire type of exhaust.
Can i see the flow charts for each system on each car? I'm curious on the performance. do you have those to base your comment off or are you pulling that comment out of the sky? Hope about dyno sheets for each car and other systems.

As far as the sound, it was raspy to my ear. My opinion... that is all. Maybe it just needed to be warmed up that is all. Not trying to change any body's views, just stating my opinion.

In my opinion the best sounding exhaust is a wastegate opening up through a 3" DP and dump... damn i miss my sxt.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
AirWolf

No I just have been at the track last weekend and know guys with a srt8 and a 04 cobra and they sound meaner than any ride and they both run in the 10s and have a borla for there exhaust. Best exhaust for me is my acrs mopar borla with a maxxfab 3inch downpipe and I miss my acr so Im looking for another .

Old 09-22-2007, 09:57 PM
GrApHite03

No I just have been at the track last weekend and know guys with a srt8 and a 04 cobra and they sound meaner than any ride and they both run in the 10s and have a borla for there exhaust. Best exhaust for me is my acrs mopar borla with a maxxfab 3inch downpipe and I miss my acr so Im looking for another .
thank you, then you have no proof at all for the comment you made...

...its the best sounding and best for performance exhaust out there guess you guys havent heard it on a srt4 or a v8 stang or even a srt8 charger that goes to graphite and bones. Its not a crappy exhaust like the srt4 exhaust I like mine but changing it really soon to a more custom one like maybe a crossfire type of exhaust.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:01 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

wolfie, you cant compare the sound that comes from a V-10 or V-8 Borla or not, to a 4 banger.

i know what the big engines sound like, hell i just spent the whole summer at the races.

i just hate the raspy sound and that clip sounds raspy and high pitched. i dont want that. i want my 4 banger to have a low pitched sound. i would like to know what muff i can put on to get that low tone.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:01 PM
AirWolf

Everyone knows a borla is the best exhaust out there for anyride lol performance wise or looks . You can read about the borla in any car mag . Dont need to prove anything the brand speaks for itself . BORLA FTW!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:05 PM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: bone33

wolfie, you cant compare the sound that comes from a V-10 or V-8 Borla or not, to a 4 banger.

i know what the big engines sound like, hell i just spent the whole summer at the races.

i just hate the raspy sound and that clip sounds raspy and high pitched. i dont want that. i want my 4 banger to have a low pitched sound. i would like to know what muff i can put on to get that low tone.
Doesnt sound bad to me on a sxt . Have you heard a srt4 exhaust without a glasspack on a sxt its the worst and loudest exhaust ever . Hey I had an acr with a mopar borla and its a 4 banger and she sounds just as mean as a v10 or v8 borla. Dont underestimate a borla on a srt4 or sxt with a srt swap.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
GrApHite03

Everyone knows a borla is the best exhaust out there for anyride lol performance wise or looks . You can read about the borla in any car mag . Dont need to prove anything the brand speaks for itself . BORLA FTW!
you are unbelievable... please step back into reality for a minute and try to think rationally.

Flow numbers tell all: http://www.a-1performance.com/flow.htm Looks to me like Borla FTL!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:11 PM
AirWolf

So you hate borla just like I hate cherrybombs . So who cares that link isnt even workin anyways. Its just ones here say. More have the borla than any other exhaust . Mopar borla is one of the most popular exhaust that srt4s are running with nice engine mods.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM
GrApHite03

So you hate borla just like I hate cherrybombs . So who cares that link isnt even workin anyways.
Please don't put words into my mouth.

http://www.a-1performance.com/flow.htm

Old 09-22-2007, 10:18 PM
AirWolf

Never heard of that website try car and driver and road and track and modifed mags they are always having cool articles on how borla is the best go out and look. Thats all I ever do is read up on car articles instead of websites that hardly anyone has heard of. Enough of me with you graphite .

Quick Reply: Magnaflow or Borla