2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Need Some Help!!!! 2003 Neon code

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 02:56 AM
dan1963
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help!!!! 2003 Neon code

[align=left]My 2003 neon just popped this code p0441 does anyone know what it is or what caused it ?
[/align]

Old 09-28-2007, 03:07 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Need Some Help!!!! 2003 Neon code

P0411 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System

From what I know, this system is only active during startup to help reduce emmissions...it shouldnt affect your car though.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 AM
neonmanbp

I'm having the same problem with my 2003 Neon SXT. It started happening around 60K miles or so. I have tried resetting it, but it comes back in as little as a day, or a couple of weeks. I first tried a new gas cap (since it was cheap), but it didn't work. I then bought a new Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid and installed it, but once again the code came back a week later. I've been doing a lot of searching and I have heard about the NVLD (Natural Vacuum Leak Detector) would also be causing this code. I talked to someone that had the same code and the Dealership replace everthing that I mentioned.....including the NVLD for around $400. I'm wanting to replace this NVLD myself to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I guess I'll have to take it into the Dealer and ask what's up!!!!

P.S. - I have checked the vacuum lines and they seem fine. I have heard of several people having this code pop up around 60K to 70K miles, that's why I dont think it's a vacuum line.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:05 AM
neonmanbp

The code problem listed above is incorrect....it's actually "P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow".

Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
acid_mojojojo
Rookie

I am having the same problem (at a little over 80K miles) Replaced the gas cap with factory unit. I have also replaced one of the hoses, also a factory part since it was preformed and the standard vaccum tube would kink at the bends. I still have the problem though and I am unsure what to do. I am also still trying to determine the exact location of both the purge solenoid and the canister and how would one go about testing these parts?
tia for any help.

mojo

Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
neonmanbp

ORIGINAL: acid_mojojojo

I am having the same problem (at a little over 80K miles) Replaced the gas cap with factory unit. I have also replaced one of the hoses, also a factory part since it was preformed and the standard vaccum tube would kink at the bends. I still have the problem though and I am unsure what to do. I am also still trying to determine the exact location of both the purge solenoid and the canister and how would one go about testing these parts?
tia for any help.

mojo

Okay....so I have been doing A LOT of searching for a solution to this problem. New Mopar gas cap.......same problem. Replaced Vapor Purge Solenoid.....same problem. After trying to find where the (NVLD) is located, I found a website that was VERY helpful. It is moparpartsamerica.com. This website has everything!!!!! I found part listings with drawings of each part, and their associated part number. I found the (NVLD) part #4891427AB, and it was relatively cheap ($40 including shipping). I replaced the part, reset the CEL, and it has yet to come back on. I have talked to a few people since I last replied on this post, and they also said that replacing the NVLD fixed the problem for them as well. Seems to have fixed the problem....for me at least. The Vapor Canister is located by the gas tank on the passenger side of the vehicle. The NVLD is located in the same area. If need to, I can take pictures of the NVLD and post them. I could also take pictures of the area where these parts are located if it would help anyone. I know it was a pain for me to try and fix this problem, so I would be more than happy to help anyone else with this issue.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 PM
acid_mojojojo
Rookie

neonmanbp, thank you for your reply. and thank you for the site info, I am heading there after this. I would welcome the pictures if you have the time to take them, I am sure they would help out a lot. I have also been trying to find a diagram of the vaccum hoses.
but thanks again for the info, I was actually looking into buying a solenoid to try next, but was trying to figure out a way to test it first.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
acid_mojojojo
Rookie

bump

Old 10-26-2007, 02:44 PM
neonmanbp

Okay.....sorry for the delay on the picture, but it has been a busy week. This is a picture of the NVLD and the Vapor Canister. The NVLD is circled in red, and the Vapor Canister is circled in green. To get rid of the P0441 code, I just replaced the NVLD. This should give everyone a good visual of what these parts look like. These are located under the right rear passenger side tire. Hope this helps you acid_mojo, and everyone else that has had this problem. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9658/A1A1E3A3D95C4F4888C29E4E45A59B80.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-26-2007, 11:00 PM
GroundControl
Veteran

Mine threw code 0443 evap system leak...it was next to 0442 witch was the same but it ended up being 2 dry rotted hoses by the gas tank for the evaporative system...check your gas cap seal..

Quick Reply: Need Some Help!!!! 2003 Neon code