2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How do I get to my speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Grant8907
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get to my speakers?

I just bought some new 6x9s but i don't want to professionally install them. how do i get to my rear speakers in my 04 neon?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star
Default RE: How do I get to my speakers?

Just pull that peice of carpet off the back dash. Take all the seatbelt clips and such off too. Hmm cant think of anything else, it should be that easy.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

if you want to do it right, according to posts on this board, the whole rear seat -bottom and back- is supposed to be removed to properly get at that top shelf carpet and speakers mountings...

maybe do a search on here for "rear speakers"....

Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

i did it... depends if you just wanted to replace the speakers or do you want it in a way so that the grill is on top of the mat and can be seen. if it's just regular replacement then it's easy... first take off the bottom rear seat... just pull it up... easy... then you'll see the rear seat is bolted on along with the seat belt by 3 large bolts (star shaped) once those are off... then you slide the back seat off by sliding it upward then out... then you have access to the rear mat that's covering the speakers... take those off... and wahla... you get to the speakers. reverse and put everthing back... then you're done. If you want the grill or speaker to show through the mat... then you'll need to cut holes in them and match to the size of the speakers.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:17 AM
Sawhiskey
All Star

Im not saying your wrong, but I didnt take my seat off seems like unneccary work.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
ricerchik02
Captain

Maybe Dodge just wants you to believe that is the only way so that you will pay someone else to do it...scammers!!!
But yea, I thought all u had to do was remove the carpet cover from behind the seat, thats the way I did it with a Monte Carlo and tho cars are different, it seems like that is the way u could do it with a Neon. It there something that makes removing the seats absolutely necessary?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM
ek2588
Veteran

ricerchic: if i remember correctly the carpet folds down behind the top of the seat, and u cant move the seat far enough to pull it off.
yea dodgeneonz is right. pretty much the hardest part for me was cutting the holes, that andremoving, inserting the screws that hold in the speakerslol.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM
ricerchik02
Captain

Well of course, the guys at dodge are the morons who decided that power windows are unnecessary for the back seat, why not make it harder to reach the speakers?[>:]

Old 10-02-2007, 12:26 PM
ek2588
Veteran

lol i think half way throught the design of the interior the engineers were just like "f**k it, itsa neon who gives a s**t" and the rest is history lol

Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

ORIGINAL: ek2588

ricerchic: if i remember correctly the carpet folds down behind the top of the seat, and u cant move the seat far enough to pull it off.
yea dodgeneonz is right. pretty much the hardest part for me was cutting the holes, that andremoving, inserting the screws that hold in the speakerslol.
You are right on the carpet folds. I just pushed them down with my muscles. LOL

Quick Reply: How do I get to my speakers?