2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Megasquirt

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Megasquirt

so in other words it does adapt and cancel out the minimal gains from mods??????

Old 10-12-2007, 03:34 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: neon03se

so in other words it does adapt and cancel out the minimal gains from mods??????
no, it does not. The computer tunes the car for the best reliability and drivability. The NGC will keep a 14.7:1 A/F ratio at cruise and idle conditions at all times. At WOT the NGC kicks into open loop mode and only is controlling fuel off the MAP and Upstream o2 sensor. It will try to hit 13.5:1 A/F at all times... Add more air; the NGC will add more fuel to get the 13.5:1. The NGC can adjust fuel up to 50% in either direction. 25% short term fuel trims and 25% long term.

The canceling out the mod theory is a misconception. There is no way in hell that DCX even had anything of that sort in their head when this NGC was devised. A lot of people fail to realize two things…

1. The 03+ cars run slightly lower compression compared to the previous second gen models. This will cause less power to be made by the same mods.
2. This is 2007 and even back in 2003… It is not the 70’s or the 80’s when an exhaust system can net you 25+ hp. These cars are tuned so good from the factory that even replacing the stock intake is not worth the money or the 1.5hp it will provide.

I can only say “Don’t believe the hype”. The NGC is the perfect controller for low boost applications if handled right. Anything over 10-12psi range I would recommend MS. Although, MS is great for all boost applications no matter power or boost levels. I feel it is not necessarily needed for low boost.

k3v

Old 10-12-2007, 04:09 PM
blackflame
Captain

Yeah, I would agree with the tuning part. Though I have seen dyno sheets giving CAI more than 1.5hp lol. I mean...sure you can get a CAI and exhaust but don't you think the car would have the best parts on there for the tuning from factory? I mean the factory exhaust and CAI are just to reduce sound(economics). So thats why upgrading gives you a little more...atleast, thats what my theory is. Because I really don't think that Borla or Magnaflow have better exhausts because they are smart. I mean...dodge does make the fastest factory street car ever!(Viper Venom). So sure...you can tune but then you don't have the Ignition, compression, fuel, etc. for it to really make a difference. Hmm...looks like thats a lotta money to get your car moving lol.

EDIT: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/viper_venom1000.asp
Its so crazy.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
GrApHite03

^ you lost me on that post...

Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

wha?

Now I am lost....

Old 10-12-2007, 04:19 PM
GrApHite03

BTW, Hennessey makes the fasted street car.... not dodge. Yes it is a dodge, but off the esembly line it is nothing like the hennessey.

Also during the 200mph shoot out, which the hennessey won, the Ultimate Aero Twin Turbo was not in that contest. The Ultimate Aero Twin Turbo has the official top speed record over the Hennessey and the Veyron.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...-world-record/
http://www.shelbysupercars.com/carspecs.php

Old 10-12-2007, 04:21 PM
blackflame
Captain

haha, i guess i was really all over the place. I tend to do that lol.

Here I will put some sweet points for you.

The part about the CAI and the Exhaust is hard to explain. I mean that dodge takes time to make them the most efficient. So they are the about the best you are going to get with the tuning and engine. I think the only reason aftermarket exhaust and CAIs do anything is because dodge keeps their setups quiet. Understand that or no? lol

Next is why tuning the AFR isn't that big of a help. You can tell it to add more fuel and air but with the pumps, ignition, injectors, and small amount of air coming in you just can't do it. But you can't just buy those parts and tune. You kinda gotta upgrade everything to get power lol. Understand that either?

I hope the green arrows helped.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

Actually... the McLaren F1 is faster, I believe.. then the Bugatti Vyron (SP) is said to be even faster

AND the koeninsegg CXR (i think that's the model) is even better than those but only fractionally

My point is... learn your facts.

and a CAI is theroetically only to bring %10 HP gain throughout the entire RPM range

so with are cars it's 13.2 HP throughout the ENTIRE RPM RANGE

Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
blackflame
Captain

2006 Dodge Hennessey Viper Venom 1000 Coupe. Thats the full name for the venom. Its a hennessey viper. Btw, the TT aero only beats it by .83 miles. The venoms is 255mph and the TT aero is 255.83. You got me, but barely haha .

I love these little symbols/faces now. lol

Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
blackflame
Captain

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

Actually... the McLaren F1 is faster, I believe.. then the Bugatti Vyron (SP) is said to be even faster

AND the koeninsegg CXR (i think that's the model) is even better than those but only fractionally

My point is... learn your facts.

and a CAI is theroetically only to bring %10 HP gain throughout the entire RPM range

so with are cars it's 13.2 HP throughout the ENTIRE RPM RANGE

alsdjfaosdfo look at the page i linked in the edit. It shows that the viper beats the Mlaren. Btw, the koeninsegg CXR isn't in that list but it isn't faster than the viper i believe.

EDIT: http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4 Found that. I don't know if they still make the CXR. It wasn't on the "official" site. the top speed of the fastest one was 245

Quick Reply: Megasquirt