2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

bad day

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bad day

ok so today i got my first speeding ticket...... and i cant ****ing believe it.... b/c for one it is for going 75 in a 50 and i sure as hell know that i was going at MOST 70 and his radar was only turned on for less than a second if that.... so im not sure how in the hell he got that reading.... but bascially i think i am going to goto the hearing and get a court date and hopfully the cop doesn't show up so i can just get it dismissed but if he does then i am prolly gonna have to make him discreditable.... i think i am going to work on a defence based on the calibration of the radar used.... b/c if it was not calibrated correctly it will read inaccurately so yea....also due to the angle he was in relation to me i think maybe just maybe it might have cause a cosine error in the radar gun as well thus making the reading inaccurate.... either way i really hope i can get out of this i mean even if i have to pay the fine as long as the dont give me points and make the incident goto my insurance ill be happy....

Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
l_pillon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bad day

cops get paid to show up to court so he will def be there....fight all speeding tickets cuz most likely u will get it knocked down....good luck to ya

Old 10-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i know they get paid to go but they dont want to sit in the court room and wait for 30 trials to go through proceedings just to get to the one that he needs to be there for so yea... hes a state cop too so he prolly pulls over so many people a day that he wont remember me at least i hope he doesn't remember me i really hope he doesn't.......... w/e im just gonna goto the court on the day it says and pled not guilty and get my trial date....... so yea...

Old 10-18-2007, 05:22 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

i dont think you can beat it, there is pretty much no way they can be beat. take it to a lawyer and have them represent you. I have done that so many times and my tickets get dismissed, it takes a while but they go away completely. i have nothing on my record right now, and i have gotten almost 8 or 9 tickets.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
GrApHite03

It only takes a split second for a radar gun to work. Also, i don't know what state your in but back when i was in MA the ticketing officer did not have to be at court. They had one cop represent the district and he was there for all sitations heard that day.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:43 PM
2007CustomCaliber
Rookie

did you ask to see the radar???
they have to show you unless you are on a highway 100km/h in canada
in canada now they have a process that if you want to fight it you go and see someone and they tell you what happened and usually they drop it down to 15 over which is no points

Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: 2000Neon

did you ask to see the radar???
they have to show you unless you are on a highway 100km/h in canada
in canada now they have a process that if you want to fight it you go and see someone and they tell you what happened and usually they drop it down to 15 over which is no points
what part you from? back in august i was nervous about doing 10 over on my trip on highway 2 from Maine, US to Richibucto, NB. It took me about to St. John until i got passed by a few Honda's and a neon that must have been doing 160! Needless to say i bumped up my cruise control to about 130 and continued on.