2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

sticky tranny

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 01:09 PM
blackflame
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sticky tranny

I know i got the sizes right. I don't think that the big one could fit in the small one anyways. How do you know if they are seated right? I made sure they were flush with the metal pin when I put them on.

Missing a gear and going into a lower gear like 1st at 60 is pretty scary lol. My uncle blew 3 engines doing that. The shifter wasn't spring loaded so it didn't go into the middle by itself. He had a 66' chevelle. After the third engine he just sold it. So sad .

Old 11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Well one of mine wasn't pushed on all the way on my shifter. It either slipped off or I just never had it all the way on in the first place. I doubt it has anything to do with a clutch or tranny. Just check the bushings. The two on the tranny were fine for me, it was the two on the shifter that were giving me problems.

Well thats what modern technology at its finest. I'm sure if it was an old car it would have blown up the engine. But that was probably 30,000 miles ago and I haven't had a problem with my engine or tranny. And like I said, as soon I figured out what happened which was less than a second I stomped on my clutch. And coasted through the 1/4 mile in like 18 seconds....LOL.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

thanks ill take a look when i get a chance still rainy here [:@]

Quick Reply: sticky tranny