2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Blinkers Broblem

Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 AM
neonxst05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinkers Broblem

Ok so I just got my tag light fixed, sort of, and it just happens to be that i am driving tonight and use my blinker. So now the blinkers blink like 20 thousand times a second. what the crap?? I dont have time to be fixing things on my car. jeez. its only 30k and i am gettin frustruated. First tag light now the blinkers. Any advice would be helpfull. I have no clue how th eblinkes function. I have o say this, all lights work and all blink *** well. Right works when I use right and Left works when i use left. front and back are working too. They are just blinking way too fast. Thanks for your time.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:37 AM
snare_samn
Professional
Default RE: Blinkers Broblem

They do that pretty much ANY time you don't use stock bulbs, or even replace the stock ones. Most people just don't worry about it; there's probably some way to fix it but it's really not that noticeable from the outside.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
2007CustomCaliber
Rookie

usually when one is burnt out in the front they flash really fast
if it was one in the back they do not flash at all
your dash indicator will flash fash for the front and stay on for the back
hope this helps

Old 11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
mrdollins

Well I had my drive rear turn signal burn out and my indicator inside was blinking fast along with my front drive turn signal blinking fast. If it is blinking fast check your turn signal bulbs and see if one is burnt out because if it is a rear turn signal your brake light wont light up when you break nor will it blink when you turn your blinker on.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 AM
FROMDA671

I had the same problem, blinker was so fast on the inside I found out that my driver side rear turn signal was out.I replaced it with a stock bulb and everythings all fine. Check your bulbs and wires

Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
neonxst05
Rookie

Allright, I figured out what it was. I have installed some LED tailights into and so becase of the ohm difference by like 2 or 3 ohms it made more current flow through the blinker casing it to blinka lot more often. I bought replacemnet bulbs incandecent ones and it back to normal. I never would have figured it out untill i read the same thing happen to people in a ford forum. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blinkers Broblem