2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

tranny cooler blow out

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007 | 11:27 AM
cashmoney37
Default tranny cooler blow out

i have a 2002 dodge neon 2.0l 3sp auto. and any way the trany cooler went out causing my coolant and trans fluid to mix. the question i have is if i replace the radiator flush the cooling and the trany systems out. will the trans be ok or is it most likley done??? thank you

Old 11-05-2007 | 11:53 AM
Pharmboy
Veteran
Default RE: tranny cooler blow out

first it's a four speed, and second it really depends on how long it went like that, and how much coolant is in the tranny. The pressure is usually higher in the trans so most transfer should be from the trans into the coolant, but it's still anyones guess. I'd say try to get it flushed, it's a gamble, but if you get away with it, you save yourself alot of money. You could also get it flushed then just trade it in while it's still ok, a little dishonest but oh well

Old 11-05-2007 | 12:00 PM
cashmoney37

well its my girlfriends car and it happend on holloween she just left my house gone about two miles then she called me n told me her car was smoking and runing ruff. i told her to look at her temp gauge n she said it was fine i told to get home since she was down the street. n e ways i looked at the car notice that the coolnt over flow was empty then i checked the trans fluid because i seen it all over the under neaath of the car it was empty. looked under radiator cap it was all red in milky. and thats were im at. the leak is at the bottom of the radiator. i just dont know if its worth me to try in just flush it or rebuild it

Old 12-09-2007 | 09:10 AM
milwaukeetiny

the same thing just happened to me about 2 months ago. I went over a huge pothole and messed up the radiator where the trans meets it. It started doing neutral drops and smoking. I had them replace the radiator and flush the trans. It was smelling kind of funny for a week or two. Now its fine. make sure they do the quick learn on the trans or it might shift funny.

Quick Reply: tranny cooler blow out