2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Struts and Susspention Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
neonxst05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts and Susspention Q&A

Sometime in the future I want to upgrade my suspention. I want my Neon to handle really good. I know I have to get struts, sway bars, antiroll kit tortion bar and all that. But if I use aftermarket struts do I really have to new springs too, or can I just keep the old ones. Will the performance be better that way? Or are springs a necesity. Tell me what you guys have and what you would recomend. I cant find anyone that has an aftermarket setup and I wana a get some info on it and tips. Thanks Guys.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker
Default RE: Struts and Susspention Q&A

you could just use your stock springs with new struts and it will be fine. if you are lookin to lower your car then of course you would need new springs, if i remember correctly, a lowered car gives you better handling and what not. Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

as for the drop, like i recommended to someone before, 1.5 should bea fine drop, mine is 2 in. and im starting to get really annoyed

Old 11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
AirWolf

Just get the tokiko setup comes with springs and the blue struts . For the strut bars Id go with hotchkiss Im going with them by next yr.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
2003SXTneon
Professional

i would also have to agree that a 2in drop is annoying. thats what i have now & i cant wait utill i get my tokico advanced handling kit & and like mentioned above it comes with struts & springs. it lowers trhe ride 1.5.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM
96ACR*
Veteran

i have koni struts on myACR and a 1.75" lowering kit and my car handles good..im really impressed with it

Old 11-07-2007, 01:13 AM
neonxst05
Rookie

sweet. I am looking on having a nice machine, overtime ofcorse. I dont want to have a regular ***** stock thing that looks like it can go off the line. So i am staring on a build. Now all i need is money.
lol

Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 AM
ewetho
All Star

The best struts are Koni inserts.
The best springs depends on what you want. If you want to maintain most or all of your ride height you can put on SRT stuff. If you do just springs you get a minor drop up front.

Sway bars will depend on you. How much you have for spring rates and how hard you want to push. Just cause you can go stiffer does not mean you want to.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
mrdollins

OK EVERYONE!!! THE TOKICO STRUT AND SPRING SETUP IS SAID TO LOWER YOUR CAR 1.5" IT WILL DROP IT LOWER SO IF OU HAVE 18'S YOU WILL HAVE TO TRIM YOUR FAIRINGS SO YOU DO NOT RUBB. AS FAR AS SUSPENSION GOES THE TOKICO STRUT AND SPRINO COMBO IS THE BEST IN MY EYES! THERE HAS BEEN AN EXTREME CHANGED IN HANDELING IN MY CAR GOING AROUND TURNS AND IN OVER ALL PERFORMANCE. IF YOU CAN GO INTO A SOFT TURN AT ABOUT 140MPH THEN GO INTO ANOTHER SOFT TURN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION AND HAVE YOUR CAR STAY PERFECTLY FLAT AND BE ABLE TO KEEP THE CAR IN ONE LANE THEN THAT REALLY SAYS SOMETHING. IAM NOT SUGGESTING EVERYONE GO AND DO THAT BUT I HAVE DONE IT IN MY NEON AND I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED. AS FOR STRUT TOWER BAYS SWAY BARS AND EVERYTHING ELSE ALL IT IS GOING TO DO IS MAKE IT THAT MUCH BETTER GOING THREW TURNS AND BEING ABLE TO CONTROL IT.

Quick Reply: Struts and Susspention Q&A