2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

New mods i'm going for in january: whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New mods i'm going for in january: whatcha think?

Keep in mind...

tokiko blues are stock SRT4 struts

look at a stock SRT strut, it says tokiko on the strut and that the chrystler symbol, and so does the blue

you can run stock SRT4 rims and tires with these struts 205/50/17, but remember! if you do +1 MPH every 15MPH because of the added diameter from stock size to SRT4 size. so

15 MPH=16
30=32
45=47
60=64
75=80

if you run 205/45/17 then it will be +1MPH every 30MPH

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 PM
technical18
Professional

ORIGINAL: Sawhiskey

ORIGINAL: technical18

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

40 series tires have a tendency to pop because of the low profile (so I've heard). I've decided to go with the SRT4 struts and brakes (been told nothing needs to be modified for the struts to bolt right up and work perfectly fine) I would be able to run 45 or 50s

Im running 40's right now and HATE it. I cannot wait to get new struts an srings. I am so close to puting the 15's back on.
yeah they will be small, but i emailed them and they're the only tire offered with the package, or i can get just the rims for $750 shipped. then new tires seperately, plus mounting and balancing would probably be another $400+. So gettting the 40-tire package works out better ($899 shipped). I'm just gonna ride the 40's til they need replacing then ill get 205/45/17's.
I dont blame you, but if you have stock suspension then your going to rub. And the only reason they offer those together probly is cause the store knows that and doesnt want to sell u non fitting things. Im sure if you called they would.

...correction, i meant ill get 215/40/17 tires, when the 205/40's wear out, since they are only 0.1" larger in diameter than stock and will only throw off the speedometer by 0.1%

source: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

i have tokico blues with kazera springs, i should be good either way

Old 11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Adionik
Champion

Keep in mind...

tokiko blues are stock SRT4 struts

look at a stock SRT strut, it says tokiko on the strut and that the chrystler symbol, and so does the blue

you can run stock SRT4 rims and tires with these struts 205/50/17, but remember! if you do +1 MPH every 15MPH because of the added diameter from stock size to SRT4 size. so

15 MPH=16
30=32
45=47
60=64
75=80

if you run 205/45/17 then it will be +1MPH every 30MPH
I don't know if you're totally right about that, but it certainly FEELS that way. When i'm doing 75 it feels way faster.

MUST BE VTEC KICKING IN!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

40 series tires have a tendency to pop because of the low profile (so I've heard). I've decided to go with the SRT4 struts and brakes (been told nothing needs to be modified for the struts to bolt right up and work perfectly fine) I would be able to run 45 or 50s

Im running 40's right now and HATE it. I cannot wait to get new struts an srings. I am so close to puting the 15's back on.
yeah they will be small, but i emailed them and they're the only tire offered with the package, or i can get just the rims for $750 shipped. then new tires seperately, plus mounting and balancing would probably be another $400+. So gettting the 40-tire package works out better ($899 shipped). I'm just gonna ride the 40's til they need replacing then ill get 205/45/17's.
I dont blame you, but if you have stock suspension then your going to rub. And the only reason they offer those together probly is cause the store knows that and doesnt want to sell u non fitting things. Im sure if you called they would.

...correction, i meant ill get 215/40/17 tires, when the 205/40's wear out, since they are only 0.1" larger in diameter than stock and will only throw off the speedometer by 0.1%

Hm I thought we were talking about tire profile not width?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
technical18
Professional

Hm I thought we were talking about tire profile not width?
right, 215 is a slightly larger profile than 205, but wider

i might even go with 215/45's ; wider and even larger profile

Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Yako
Captain

IMO i say get a different less expensive in dash player

Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

40 series tires have a tendency to pop because of the low profile (so I've heard)
Wow thats one broad statement without much truth in it. Thats like me saying, "Cold air intakes have a tendency to suck up massive amounts of water and hydrolock your engine leaving you without a car and stranded on the side of the road (so I've heard)"

The ride is less comfortable on low profile tires, the rim is more likely to get bent if you go over a severe pothole (because theres less "cushion"), but they certainly dont have a "tendency" to pop...

Quick Reply: New mods i'm going for in january: whatcha think?