2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:12 PM
blocks885
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights

Just a real quick question. When you guys change your headlight bulbs or turn signal bulbs within the headlight, how do you all do it?

I usually try to take off the headlight but its such a hassle. Before I got my new bumper it's always so hard to get them out because the way the bumper is shaped there's more than enough of the bumper surrounding the headlight assembly making it hard to come out easily. There's gotta be an easier way other than taking off the bumper..?

Any input/suggestions would be helpful. The passenger's side is easy but not the drivers side.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Yako
Captain
Default RE: headlights

OPEN THE HOOD AND REACH

thats all i do

Old 11-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Swordfish2Cowboy
Professional

If you still have the stock air cleaner, you'll have to remove the few screws holding the grill on. I think there's four. Then just get someone to bend it back a bit so you can pull the headlight out. There are two screws holding each headlamp assembly in place. They should just wiggle out, but take your time and be careful. It might not seem like they'll come out, but they do. Just have faith.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:20 PM
blocks885
Veteran

yea the only thing is, i don't know if my headlights are tighter but like the bumper cover is really tight up to the headlights, and before i was getting the new bumper with fog lights i was doing it slow and it still scratched some of the paint off...

i don't know what i'm doin' wrong...

Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Swordfish2Cowboy
Professional

What kind of fender did you get? Did you remember to take the screws out of the fender on the top? Honestly I'd just go buy a CAI and be done with it. Your hands won't have to fit around the air cleaner.

Quick Reply: headlights