2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Vent Drains

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 AM
leadspud
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent Drains

I keep getting water on the passenger side front floorboard, can anyone tell me where the vent drains are located so that I can check and see if they are plugged and unplug them? This is a 2004 Neon.

Thanks.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
leadspud
Professional
Default RE: Vent Drains

A friend used my log in name to ask this question. What the deal is when it rains real hard it will have water come out of the heater area. And it gets the right floor board wet. We think it is coming thru the vent area in the cowl and for some reason the drains are plugged up so it comes on in the interier vents, it,s been in the dealer ship and a glass shop. and is still not fixed.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

just pulled this off one of my old posts

start by checking the drain elbow, its located under the hood on the fire wall right behind the passenger's side of the exhaust manifold. It should be held on by a little spring clip. Pull it off and see if you can see a blockage of any kind. If nothing drains out, you can try to blow air backward through the drain, or start taking things apart to remove the blockage. There may be an access gromet (most have them, some don't) in the air box that you could use to remove debris and possibly blow water out the drain to clean it out. you'll probably have to take out the glove box, and possibly the blower motor (good idea so it doesn't get wet). Somewhere to the left of the blower motor on the black air box is a 2" * 3" (about) rubbeer grommet that allows access to the heater/evaporator cores. Just pop that off and clean everything that is in there out. You'll probably find a bunch of leaves and stuff.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
leadspud
Professional

Cool we'll check it out

Quick Reply: Vent Drains