2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 neon rt p121 ,p122,p68, what needs to be fixed here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
poohty_t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 neon rt p121 ,p122,p68, what needs to be fixed here?

ok , so i have been having problems recently with my 2003 neon rt . the check engine light will come on and very shortly afterwards the car will start to "sputter" . when i am giving it more than just a touch of gas, it will "jump", accelorate and decelorate , again and again quickly, causing the car to pratically jump, unless i let off the gas . as long as the engine light is not on , it runs fine! but when it comes on .... it wants to jump. sometimes i can barley use the gas pedal and it will run on flat land like this , but just alittle too much on the gas and it jumps. i have had my mechanic look at it and he cannot figure it out becuase the codes have so many sensors it could be . i have already had the throttle position sensor changed with a new one and it sitll does it. this has been going onnow for abuot 4 months and im really sick of it . i hope someone out there can help me! the car seems to be a great car other than the fact the codes dont tell the mechanic exaclty what to fix. does anyone have any REAL ideas? i hope soo ..... sincerley frustrated!!

Old 12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Dimas
Rookie
Default RE: 2003 neon rt p121 ,p122,p68, what needs to be fixed here?

well a couple of threads up there is a post about 2000+ neon engine codes and you can go ahead and kinda scratch which parts aren't according to your situation

Old 12-10-2007, 07:11 AM
poohty_t
Default RE: 2003 neon rt p121 ,p122,p68, what needs to be fixed here?

well thanks for that info but i have already seen tha codes! and when my mechanic ran tha codes it came up sayin it could be about 7 differnet sensors. one of which , as i stated before ,i have already changed out and it didnt work . y cant they put one code , for one sensor , so when that one code comes up, a person knows just what to change? i mean what good is a code that really dont tell u what is exactly wrong with it?? this is rather frustrating and a cheap move by dodge to try to make some extra money off hard working people!@

Quick Reply: 2003 neon rt p121 ,p122,p68, what needs to be fixed here?