2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Andpto
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supercharger

its easier said then done.... on our 2gn we dont have that much room in are engine bay. We would need to change the power steering pump to fit the blower

Old 01-01-2008, 03:42 PM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supercharger

ORIGINAL: TN.Frank

Who, Me? Logic behind my coment is that the Dryer's 6-71 was a Diesel Truck Blower and it's been used on just about every kind of car engine you can think of. All you need is an intake to mount the blower to and you're in business. Seems like if you can get an intake that'll work on a Neon and hook the Scion blower to then you can fab up a pulley system and be in business.
Ya, i was questioning you. As the comment above stated, its easier said than done. Now if i was living back on the mainland and had the access to the shop it could be done. Nobody is saying it can't. The problem is that when ever posts like this arise its usually posted by someone that is looking for a complete kit. 95% of the posters probably have no clue how a supercharger works or even how an internal combustion engine works at that. So mentioning anything about custom work is a waste of breath, or in this case type.

There is little room in the front side of the engine bay. Many have trouble with the PS pump, AC, and Fans. I'm sure the Dryer's blower is great... And i'm sure the blowers used on the Mini Copper or the 4cyl hatchback Mercedes also. There is a lot of blowers out there that will work. ****, Whipple makes a kit for the 2.4l PT cruiser which could easily work on our cars if there was room for it.

Me personally think SCs have no business on a small engine or 4cyl for that matter... Especially when DIY turbo kits and full turbo kits are all ready available and for a lot cheaper than a custom SC set-up.

Hopefully you didn't take offense by my earlier post... It wasn't met to come out that way. I may have misunderstood what you were trying to get at. What i was trying to figure out is how a Toyota kit was gonna work on a Dodge. As noted, that was not the intentions of your post. You and i are usually on the same page... probably because we were driving before half the members on this board were born. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty and try things, as i'm seeing... you are the same way.

k3v

Quick Reply: supercharger