2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:04 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leather Interior

So what mods are you going to do to the r/t and yeah Im going to have fun with the srt4 already checked for mods at modern they have a few engine mods and going to get the halosheadlights do some hidsand tint the tails .

Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: srtgtr34

good luck with srt4 heard mixed reviews.
Yeah I test drove a black Caliber SRT-4 yesterday afternoon...I was not impressed in the least.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:23 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

dodge did not put that much more power into them for the weight difference, i think?? i also drove one, and it was deffenetlyslower than my neon, and i have driven a srt 4 neon also and i think the neon srt stock could take the stock caliber srt..... but that could also just be me

Old 01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Not many parts available for a caliber awd yet the header and exhaust, according to mopar doesn't fit the awd caliber. I would like to lower this thing because its so dam high off the ground but no lowering springs for the same reason. Only thing i think i can insatll right now is a cia.

When you gys test drove the caliber srt4, did it have alot of road noise like the regular calibers or did they fix it?

Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

dodge did not put that much more power into them for the weight difference, i think?? i also drove one, and it was deffenetlyslower than my neon, and i have driven a srt 4 neon also and i think the neon srt stock could take the stock caliber srt..... but that could also just be me
Without a doubt the Neon SRT-4 is faster then the Caliber SRT-4, mostly because of the 400lb's or so of weight added on to the Caliber based version. On the plus side, the 6-speed Getrag transmission was simply AMAZING, and the brake system off of the LX line of vehicles definitly had some real stopping power behind them (but then again we can put those same brakes on the Neon/SRT-4 anyways...).

Besides those two positives though, the only other thing I liked was the marginally better interior (not in quality, just in overall design). The SRT that I test drove had the option Livin' Loud system with the built-in Navi, which is larger and "better" designed then my current RB1 integrated navigation on the Neon IMO.

Some negatives to the Caliber SRT-4 that I noted were: it had some pretty bad wheel hop, it felt, and was slower then the Neon SRT-4's that I've driven, and it had some massive torque steer at times (no Torsen diff like on the 04-05 Neon SRT's). The suspension also felt way too soft, and in the two hard corners I took I felt way too much body roll for my liking...

ORIGINAL: srtgtr34

When you gys test drove the caliber srt4, did it have alot of road noise like the regular calibers or did they fix it?
It had quite a bit of road noise, but nothing too annoying or abtrusive in my opinion. Not any worse then my Neon anyways...

Old 01-19-2008, 11:09 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

Yeah, it did have road noise that i noticed also, but nothing that i thought was out of the ordinary..... and yes, the six speed was by far a HUGE plus over the neon srt.... but i dont know why they did not build the srt neon with the same six speed tranny, i think it would of helped the neon alot.....

Old 01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

some1 will try to put that six speed in there neon srt4.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:36 PM
AirWolf

Im probably the only one who will get a srt4 caliber and who actually likes it . Modern performance has a ton of mods for the caliber srt4 . A few more places on the net does to and my dealership is seaching for more engine mods and looking for a bigger turbo also they told me mopar should be coming out with there turbos sometime early spring. Also heard from other caliber forums that the lowering springs that fit a srt4 neon will work for the caliber srt4 or r/t.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:41 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Im probably the only one who will get a srt4 caliber and who actually likes it . Modern performance has a ton of mods for the caliber srt4 . A few more places on the net does to and my dealership is seaching for more engine mods and looking for a bigger turbo also they told me mopar should be coming out with there turbos sometime early spring. Also heard from other caliber forums that the lowering springs that fit a srt4 neon will work for the caliber srt4 or r/t.
AWD springs are different than the fwd springs, awd is taller.
Caliber srt-4 stage 3 kit should be really close to 400 hp if they even make a stage 3.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
AirWolf

Than how about the lowering springs that work on a evo or sti they might work maybe they both awd. Im going to email modern to see when they are getting any caliber lowering springs in.

Quick Reply: Leather Interior