2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

few stupid questions....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:31 PM
tankhardrive
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few stupid questions....

im sure these have been answered and i think i know the answers already but just want to make sure before i spent cash and bought it.

first would a srt 4 hood fit a regular neon im almost positive it will but i think i heard there will be a gap in the front if i dont have the srt front bumper... can any one confirm that for me?

second is the srt 4 trunk im almost positive that will be a direct fit but just wanted to be sure i dont see why it wouldnt. maybe there weould be a gapping issue there too with out the srt rear? not sure about that though.

reason im asking is cuz of this
http://www.deftracing.com/carbon_fib..._neon_srt4.htm

decent prices at least better then i have seen and i know cf is overdone but might look decent with my car if i do the hood & trunk with srt 4 cf spoiler was just looking into it and like i said before this site has some good prices compared to others i have seen.

thanks guys.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: few stupid questions....

ORIGINAL: tankhardrive

im sure these have been answered and i think i know the answers already but just want to make sure before i spent cash and bought it.

first would a srt 4 hood fit a regular neon im almost positive it will but i think i heard there will be a gap in the front if i dont have the srt front bumper... can any one confirm that for me?

second is the srt 4 trunk im almost positive that will be a direct fit but just wanted to be sure i dont see why it wouldnt. maybe there weould be a gapping issue there too with out the srt rear? not sure about that though.

decent prices at least better then i have seen and i know cf is overdone but might look decent with my car if i do the hood & trunk with srt 4 cf spoiler was just looking into it and like i said before this site has some good prices compared to others i have seen.

thanks guys.
The Neon trunk and the SRT-4 trunk are identical, minus the wing of course. The SRT-4 hood will also fit on a regular Neon, however, it is shorter so there will be a very slight gap between the hood and the bumper.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:52 PM
DouglasSXT
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: tankhardrive

thanks guys.
The Neon trunk and the SRT-4 trunk are identical, minus the wing of course. The SRT-4 hood will also fit on a regular Neon, however, it is shorter so there will be a very slight gap between the hood and the bumper.
I concur! lol

Old 01-19-2008, 08:18 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

i second. the trunk lid bolts right up... same lid. however, if you have an sxt trunk lid the holes for the spoiler are in the exact same location. so you can just swap spoilers as well.

since the headlights are exactly the same, in the same location... as are the fenders. you can see where the hood/bumpers line up in relation to them. you can also see the SRT hood is more 'flat' in front while the sxt hood is more of a V shape.

Name:  201_1899.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  55.1 KB
Name:  15Jan06227.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  46.3 KBName:  15Jan06225.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  15Jan06223.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  53.7 KB

now, think of it this way: if you put the 00/01 style front bumper on with the SRT hood... it will fit just fine. the gap between the hood and bumper will be larger but wont be nearly as noticable, since it is already a few inches of a gap.
Name:  03-14-03Neonfrontside.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  59.7 KB

Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

thanks for the replys and for the pics helps alot!i figured the trunk was the same just wanted to be sure. yeah so if i get the hood then i might have to live with the gap up front until i can find a srt front bumper or i might have to dish out a little more so i can get the stanard neon cf hood just gotta dish out the little more cash....

thanks again guys

Old 01-19-2008, 09:52 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Try putting the srt4 spoiler on a neon that didnt come with a spoiler. Trust me alot of work you have to cut throught alot of metal before u even start drilling the holes. They should have made the bolts longer for them.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 AM
contagious19
Champion

ORIGINAL: srtgtr34

Try putting the srt4 spoiler on a neon that didnt come with a spoiler. Trust me alot of work you have to cut throught alot of metal before u even start drilling the holes. They should have made the bolts longer for them.
lol especially on a 2000 neon. dat was a lot of work. they should have longer bolts

Quick Reply: few stupid questions....