2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Bizarre Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:12 AM
kabuk1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bizarre Vibrations

I just bought an automaticgrey03 Neon on 1-5-08. It only has about 54,000 miles on it & the carfax came up clean so I dunno what on earth could be causing its problems. maybe you guys can gimme some insight.

I knew the car had some issues when I bought it, but I needed it right away so I had the dealer put it in writing that whenever I had the time to, I'd bring it in & they'd fix whatever was wrong at no cost to me(which they've been very good about honoring so far, unbelievably). When I got it, itvibrated a lot& the brakes skipped a bit. It ran very well though so I wasn't too worried. About a week and a half ago I was going down the highway when I felt my transmission skipping & shuddering REALLY bad. I heard something snap & the motor started sounding very odd. Turns out the transmission completely blew & had to be replaced. Now that that's been done, my hood no longer fits properly(it won't latch down all the way now for some reason & rattles like crazy), and it's vibrating worse than ever. Drives great- but feels like it's going to rattle apart. It's the worst when it's cold, once it warms up it's not nearly as bad. But whenever I'm going over 63 mph, it shudders rhythmically every 2 seconds or so. My boyfriend seems to think it's a motormount but i thought I'd ask you guys since he's never touched a neon before in his life. This is Neon #3 for me, I've had a standard 05 SXT & an 05 SRT-4(tragically totaled on 12-13-07, R.I.P.). I love these cars so much & I'm reeeeally hoping there's nothing seriously wrong with my new baby...

Old 01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Yako
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bizarre Vibrations

not kno much but either probly when they were puttin in the new tranny they didnt aligned the hood as it was maybe a loose screw and thats what is makin the noise or a motor motor mount like ur boyfriend said, wait up and see what someone else says

Old 01-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bizarre Vibrations

could be a trans mount too and the shop that did it might not have used the right trans fluid..... but if i were you... i'd try to figure out that problem asap b/c it doesnt sound like its right.....

Quick Reply: Bizarre Vibrations