2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Can you top this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:13 PM
MJND1990
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you top this?

Well one week ago today I hit a pretty bad pothole manhole combo in the road and since last week have had a clunk when I go over bumps. Well today I finally got the chance to take a look at it. I snapped the head of the bolt in the stabalizer bar link(control arm). At least now I know what it was and the bolt is only $8 so Im happy. Anyone ever get worse from a pothole.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
bone33
Record Breaker
Default RE: Can you top this?

i remember saying something about a lower control arm.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:49 PM
GrApHite03

Not from a pothole, but a f.ucked series of events...

Many moons ago when i was about 19... I owned a 87 Saab turbo. Love it! Anyway, i was on my way home from work. (on a Thursday) Two lanes in each direction and i was in the faster lane by the double yellows. Some van comes out of a side street, out of nowhere, and crosses both lanes. Because of traffic going the other way he can't get in and stops in my lane. Breaks lock, it him in the rear fender just as he starts moving to get out of the way. Damn van ripped my fender from the blinker to the driver's side door. Peeled it right back. Towed it to a friends house, peeled the fender off the tire and drove it back home 40 miles.

Now the next morning i got to go to Vermont for the weekend to visit a girl i was dating. My car is wasn't drivable to make the 400 mile drive. Dad lets me borrow the 90 Olds. Get up to Vermont, stay the weekend and decide to skip school on Monday. (only had one class on Mondays) Leave in the afternoon to make it home for my night shift at work. About 40 miles out of Burlington this mean blizzard hits. I mean white out conditions. Snow wasn't really bad on the ground so i had the cruise control set at 40mph. Up ahead i see a tractor trailer truck jackknife and the car in front of me start to break. Tapped the break to shut of cruise control and the damn thing turned back on and started to accelerate back to 40mph. Caught me off guard and i hit the breaks hard and started to slide.

I'm sliding right toward the car in front of me that was now stopped due to the tractor trailer truck. I'm gonna hit this car!!! pumping the breaks to try to get the car to turn, but its just going forward! Pumping and trying to turn i get the car to where i just side swipe it. As i scrape the driver's side of my car down the side of this car i lose my mirror at the same time, then it sends me into a spin toward the guard rail. I really hit all four corners of the car before coming to a stop. WTF!? two cars in one week!! Trade papers and start to head back to Burlington since the storm was getting worse. Power mirror had to be hung inside the car because it kept flapping in the wind. Get back fine...

Next morning, Tuesday, i cut the power mirror wires and head back to Cape Cod for work. Get to work, do my shift and start to head home. Two lane highway and doing about 55 in the passing lane and the damn driver's side break locks up!! I try to pull over to the right, but the tire blows and i lose control again. This time i get it back enough to just side swipe the passenger side of the Olds on the guard rail.

The car runs, but will not go anywhere... Call my parents to see if they can come get me, but no answer. I grab my two bags and my snowboard and started walking. Decide to hitchhike and got picked up by this dude in a pick up who brought me about 25 miles to a restaurant on the cape cod bridge.

Finally got a hold of my dad and he tells me he can't come get me! WTF!? WHY? I totaled you mother's Saab he says!? He was driving home and a guy on the side of him hit a deer and sent it airborne into my Mom's hood.

Finally got a ride from a friend, but in less than a week me/we ruined 3 perfectly good cars...

Old 02-03-2008, 04:56 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

i hit a cop car head on in 97. he was parked, i wasnt paying attention. he let me go, i didnt even get a ticket. my insurance paid me 2000 for a fender, grill and paint. i was in a lifted 92 wrangler.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Mat00ES
Captain

I haven't wrecked a car yet, I had two close calls though. I had a 95 sable, went toslam on the gasin a parking lot and my gas pedel got stuck down and I blew through a stop sign, taking a corner on three wheels(so says my friend), almost hit a car head on, I started kicking the gas pedel and it finally let go. Another time in my neon, I was trying to keep up with my friend doing 60 on an on ramp in the rain. The back end started sliding around, I tried to slow down, but I guess it was too late. I ended up sliding in the grass island backwards, going up on two wheels, almost rolled it.

Mat

Old 02-04-2008, 08:59 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Graphite... damn

i have been told to never use cruise in wet/wintery conditions (but ill admit i still do).

MJND, an $8 pothole fix... you got off easy!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

i hit a motorcycle cop in vegas........

some drunk tried to make a left turn over a medean right at me and i did not realize he was in the lane next to me...... clipped his back tire and he wint flying..... gets up off the ground and wint APE SH*T of the screaming crying girl..... then told me i could go! It was an interesting night

Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
blackflame
Captain

wow graphite...that was a suspenseful story!

I think you topped MJND1990 lol

Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Adionik
Champion

I didn't pull out

Honestly. Top that.

jk

Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Adionik

I didn't pull out

Honestly. Top that.

jk
[sm=owned.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]

But I learned a lesson by all of this.. it's not a car story but here it is the short version.

Went to my girls house christmas 2005 in MO (yes, I live in NJ, shut up) I was there for 12 days... you get the picture...

lesson learned = Never let the girl ride you if you dont have a condom we were praying all that month