2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

rear control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008 | 02:47 PM
niblips
Default rear control arm bushings

Does anyone know where i can get the rear lowerer control arm bushings for my 2003 Dodge SX?
I may also need front control arm bushings....

There has been a terrible clunking noise in the back end for over a year. Changed the back passenger side strut mount, and it fixed it for a while...but then the other side went. So, we just fixed the back driverside... but there is still some clunking. the mechanic showed me what he called the "contol arm" in the back, under the car. Long metal beam type thing connection to the chassis by a bolt and two bushings on either side. The bushing are cracke and the bolt is a bit rusty... and there is space between where the bushing meets the metal of the bolt and the chassis.
He has told me we need to replace the whole control arm because he can not get just the bushing....like 80 bucks for the parts and an hour and a half labour.

The front is also making noise now as well as the back... same sort of clunking noise over bumps of all kinds... small, large, it doesn't matter. But hesays they couldn't find any problems...they tightened everything but the clunking is still there. Anyone had this issue before? and what is the fix?

Thanx in advance.
Karl

Old 02-15-2008 | 08:09 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Default RE: rear control arm bushings

Summitt Racing. Give them a call.

Old 02-17-2008 | 01:27 PM
Flash_Gordon2392
Rookie
Default RE: rear control arm bushings

ORIGINAL: niblips

Does anyone know where i can get the rear lowerer control arm bushings for my 2003 Dodge SX?
I may also need front control arm bushings....

There has been a terrible clunking noise in the back end for over a year. Changed the back passenger side strut mount, and it fixed it for a while...but then the other side went. So, we just fixed the back driverside... but there is still some clunking. the mechanic showed me what he called the "contol arm" in the back, under the car. Long metal beam type thing connection to the chassis by a bolt and two bushings on either side. The bushing are cracke and the bolt is a bit rusty... and there is space between where the bushing meets the metal of the bolt and the chassis.
He has told me we need to replace the whole control arm because he can not get just the bushing....like 80 bucks for the parts and an hour and a half labour.

The front is also making noise now as well as the back... same sort of clunking noise over bumps of all kinds... small, large, it doesn't matter. But hesays they couldn't find any problems...they tightened everything but the clunking is still there. Anyone had this issue before? and what is the fix?

Thanx in advance.
Karl
[sm=deal.gif]Well Karl,I would like to welcome you to the forum[sm=deal.gif]!Second Just a reminder call one of your dealerships.And ask for parts,get the part number(s) from them.Third check out www.oemdodgeparts.comandwww.dodgeparts.com .And lastlygood luck[sm=deal.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: rear control arm bushings