2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Caraudioholic24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hey everyone. I had a few questions. I have a 2005 dodge neon sxt. The car came with no fog lights. Just wondering if anyone had upgraded theirs and how much of a pain it was to do. also I am looking for srt-4 rims, factory exhaust, and the gauge pod that the boost gauge sits in. I want two or three, Anyhelp would be appreciated

Old 02-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Default RE: Newbie

I'm not that new, but not that old around here, but here's what I have learned..
first, I would do a search on this board for those subjects, take them one at a time...you covered alot of ground there.....

I would say on the fogs, you would probably be better off going aftermarket and wiring them in yourself. You could get a different bumper cover froma salvage yard with the foglights already in, but you would then need to change out your light control stalk on the steering wheel column (pain in the but)..and don't know if the wiring is there already or not.

the SRT questions you should search for here, lots and lots of posts on the stock SRT exhaust, just putting that on a regular model SXT makes it way loud...too loud... theres alot of stuff you can do to make it work, but I beleive it involves welding and adapters, purchasing additional glasspacks, things like that (more pin there unless yer a welder)

..one last thing, which you can also search for here. lots of posts on it. Stock SRT-4 rims and tires will not work on a regular Neon SXT. the rims work, but the tires need to be replace with a skinnier, less wide tire...the stock width SRT tires will rub on the regular SXT struts.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Adionik
Champion
Default RE: Newbie

If you manage to get stock SRT-4 rims with 205-50-17 tires, you can use a 5mm spacer to keep them from rubbing.

I ran this for a few days before I switched over to SRT struts. My front driver side is using a spacer because I FUBAR'd one of my struts.

You can put an SRT-4 rear exhaust section, but I would suggest having atleast a 25" glasspack welded into the midpipe.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Caraudioholic24
Veteran
Default Thanks

Thanks for all your help. I should have some pics up soon. Anyone getting rid of a black sxt bumper cover with the fog lights.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:08 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker
Default RE: Thanks

to tell you the truth, i don't know if my car is too loud to be legal, but i haven't done glass pack or anything like that for a year, still no probs. However i do have the srt midpipe with 2 resonators.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 AM
turtletunes
Rookie
Default RE: Thanks

Part number WX53XDVAA for the boost gauge pod on srt-4's

Quick Reply: Newbie