2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Rear/Front Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Ryan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear/Front Speakers?

Hi I have a 2001 Neon, I am about to buy new Sony speakers, for the front I beleive I need 6" round speakers, is that correct? However the rear is a bit different.. Is there a way to install speaker in so that they show into the interior, you know how you can see then now their like under the carpet..? Also does best buys install speakers, how much do they charge, or is it something easy enough for me to do...? THanks Ryan

Old 12-26-2004, 01:37 AM
TJW815
Veteran
Default RE: Rear/Front Speakers?

well, ur rear speakers are 6x9's, if you don't use the grille u can mount them under the deck carpet, but if you want them to show you will have to cut ur carpet. in the front I do believe you have 6 1/2"...... You won't be able to flushmount them with out a whole lot of extra work..

To change the front, remove screws from the door handle, grab bar, and the mirror assembly from the inside.. then pull out and up to release the panel, it's held in with clips.. you will have to disconnect the lock rods from the door panel, it's easy just pull the rods lose from the places on the door panel... three screws hold in each speaker.

On the back you need to pull out your back seat, just pull up on the lower section, then unbolt the 3 or 4 bolts underneath that hook the seat belts underneath your seat pull the back section straight up then pull the carpet out, your going to need a stubby phillips driver to pull out the screws on the back... Should take you about an hour to do all four.

And yes, best buy does install them.... Call them for pricing.... They will also verify your sizing for you.

Old 12-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Jeebuz
Default RE: Rear/Front Speakers?

Pretty easy to do yourself, just installed the 6 1/2's and the 6x9's myself a couple days ago on a 96, just use a little problem solving and you should get it done no problem if you wanna save the money.

If not, best buy does a pretty good job of putting them in, relatively cheap compared to a sound system place.

Quick Reply: Rear/Front Speakers?