2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:53 AM
fox02neon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo

Okay, I got the all the lines hooked up and everything else too. While running the turbo I noticed a sound so I pulled off the CAI and looked the turbo was not really moving. So I pulled the turbo off looked over it. Saw on the manifold side it has a small washer and if spins, and looks like it rubs on the inside of the manifold? Do you have any thoughts? Or ideas?

Thanks.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:04 AM
GrApHite03
Default RE: Turbo

turbo is junk... time to find another.

and out of pure curiosity... what does your fuel system consist of?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

first of all.... is the turbo bairly spinning at idol??? this in normal... but if u rev the engine and it still bairly spins then there is a problem.... turbos r ran off of exhaust.. more exhaust being pushed out the faster it will spin....

look at the cold side and hot side... does the wheel and shaft look to be bent or banged up... if so u have shaft play, and enough that the turbo wheel is catching the compressor housing, and yeah, u will either need a new turbo, or a rebuild and a wheel and shaft.....

i am not understanding how it is rubbing the manifold?? or r u talking about the compressor housing of the turbo???

Old 03-28-2008, 01:17 AM
fox02neon
Rookie

Alright here is the deal I took the turbo apart and saw that the washer (ring) that is between the manifold and the turbo was not lined up right. I started to put it back together and it does not seem to rub now that it on the right freaking way. "What A Retard"

Quick Reply: Turbo